jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you are Pagan, do you celebrate all the pagan holidays? If so, how?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

If you are Pagan, do you celebrate all the pagan holidays? If so, how?

I acknowledge the holidays, however, while my intent may point me in the direction of preparing to celebrate them, I generally don't. I am a solitary practitioner, and I work a full time job as well as partly run my other half's video production company, and am in the process of co-starting another business. I find I don't have time, and while I have been practicing for nearly 15 years now, I rarely if ever celebrate. How important is it to you to celebrate?

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Different Pagans are going to celebrate depending on their particular faith.  Not all spiritual practices categorized as Pagan follow the same holidays (which I'm presuming you are implying are the Wheel of the Year).

3. Radical Rog profile image80
    Radical Rogposted 5 years ago

The word 'holiday' comes from Holy Day, one of the few when peasant workers were allowed a day of rest, so there might be a pun in holding a pagan holiday.
    Being serious, Pagan ritual is a year cycle in which one ritual is linked both to the one preceding and the one to come, cyclical in nature, not linear.
    Whether the individual acknowledges the spokes on this cycle is for the individual to decide, but maybe, to celebrate, is the wrong term to use. Knowing is enough and maybe all it needs is a brief moment to acknowledge the wheel turning without any fuss or ritual.
    Good question though.

4. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 4 years ago

Hello ThompsonPen,
    I always want to celebrate the holidays but often get sidetracked because I think I focus too much on celebrating properly instead of doing it however I see fit! Knowing this is an issue for me, I'm trying to work through it because celebrating the holidays seem very rewarding and enriching and who doesn't need more of that?! smile Good luck and best wishes to you on your path and may we both get around to doing what we feel led to do! smile
    Blessings, Balance, Warm Regards!

working