jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do liberals truely believe that everyone else is less.........

1. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Do liberals truely believe that everyone else is less.........

intelligent, enlightened and  all around open minded than they are and if not , why do they always act way .

2. Praetor profile image60
    Praetorposted 5 years ago

The problem is both parties are just too damn big; 60 years ago the Democratic party would've actually be six different parties.

Both parties have expanded their membership so wide, that their base has gotten lost; you can't stand for something when you stand for everything.

3. d.william profile image63
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

I am not sure if all liberals think they are more enlightened than conservatives, but whether they think so or no, it is a fact of life.  Increased knowledge and intelligence tends to produce people who are more open minded, accepting of others, and not afraid to say so.  Most intelligent  and enlightened people tend to discard their old religious views as superstition and rather barbaric in nature.
    Man has the capacity to rationalize and in most instances ascertain what is possible, what is real, and what is plausible, and differentiate them from those that are fairy tale in nature, and illogical, and simply designed to instill fear and guilt in people as a means of control over them. 
    Conservatives on the other hand seem to fear progression, cling to old unfounded ideas and rituals, and display (or at least say they do) a fear of punishment by their vengeful Creators. 
    People with the least amount of education, knowledge, and/or intelligence tend to be more religious and fearful of the unknown, and therefore want to remain in the state they are in, in lieu of accepting greater challenges that make for a better future for all of humanity.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't say that liberals think themselves more intelligent than conservatives (there are uneducated and educated people on both sides), but I can understand the viewpoint that they are more open minded. Conservatives, by nature, want things to stay the same. Gays can't get married because they never have in the past. God must remain on our money because it's already there and is too hard to change. Owning a gun is good because a really old constitutional amendment says so. I'm not saying that there aren't open minded conservatives, but their party does tend to attract people who resist change.

5. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 3 years ago

Doubtful, I think they are more focussed on issues at hand but politics is not particularly meaningful.

working