Do You Think Jesus Was A Time Traveler?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

Do You Think Jesus Was A Time Traveler?

Reading what people tell me about Jesus and he is talking about the future as it is happening right at this very minute, it seems to me that they think he is a time traveler.  How else can he tell us what is happening today over 2000 years ago in the Bible?

2. Hyphenbird profile image90
    Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago

Jesus is a spirit. He is omnipresent, present everywhere at the same time. He is omniscient, having total knowledge; knowing everything. He does not go back and forth between times. Because of His being omnipresent and omniscient, He can see and know the past, present and future. It is difficult to understand at first but makes perfect sense when one comes to know Him in all the ways that make Him God.
    I hope this answered your intriguing question. Thanks, Hyphenbird.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When did he say that he was God?  In Mathew 23, he explicitly says he is NOT God.  If that be so then we all would have that ability because Jesus said that we would do greater and more things than he ever did.  Who told you that his is God?.

2. Timlove profile image70
      Timloveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was devine in that he was born of a virgin. Jesus was not God the father literally, but the bible does say he was the image of the father. Jesus said "if you have seen me you have seen the father". In this way he was God.

3. Hyphenbird profile image90
      Hyphenbirdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jesus indeed said He is God personified on many occasions. Read John 10, Luke 22, John 14, John 10 and many other books and chapters to see where Jesus states this. The entire belief of Christianity is based on the fact that Jesus was God's son.

3. Abdul Wahabone profile image63
    Abdul Wahaboneposted 5 years ago

Jesus Christ wasn't a time traveler. He was a prophet just like Noah, moses, Abraham, Jacob, Aaron, and Muhammed. And so many others, may God bestow peace and blessings on all of them.
    Jesus christ was a Messiah, he could give the dead life back, heal people, and he was  given the knowledge of the past present and future.
    Also i suggest you read this too.

"So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said: ‘Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!’ Then [the baby ‘Issa] cried unto her from below her, saying: ‘Grieve not: your Lord has provided a water stream under you.’ " Qur’an – Surat Maryam 19: 22-24
    Jesus spoke to Maryam as a miracle from God, to tell her that she should not be fearful and she should not be in sorrow. Maryam was instructed that when she returned to her family, she was not to answer any of their questions. So when they confronted her, she pointed to the child. They said, "How can we ask this child in the cradle?" Then the baby Jesus spoke, and said:
    " ‘Verily I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet; and He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salaat (prayer) and Zakaat (alms-giving or charity), as long as I live. And to be dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest. And peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!’ Such is ‘Issa, son of Maryam. (It is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt." Qur’an – Surat Maryam 19: 30-34
    That is the story of the immaculate conception as it is related to us in the Qur’an.

1. Abdul Wahabone profile image63
      Abdul Wahaboneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Moses, sorry i didn't capitalized his name.

4. taburkett profile image59
    taburkettposted 5 years ago

Jesus is a divine spirit sent by God to engage mankind.  Through Jesus, mankind has learned that the path to a divine life is found through righteousness and love of others.  This example of faith, peace, and love is understood by the holy person as they meander the world in their human form.  The spirit of God is in everyone but it is only displayed in those who follow the scripture.  The path of the sinful human is what generates the future based on the teachings.  Today's lesson is that the future is made by the past based on the immoral activities of some humans and the complacency of others.

5. Porshadoxus profile image72
    Porshadoxusposted 5 years ago

I do not believe that Jesus was a time traveler. As the creator, established in John 1:1-5, Jesus created time itself. He is existent outside of the constraints of time, and can therefore see all that will occur in the expanse of time.

Lady Guinevere- not sure exactly where in MT 23 Jesus denies he is God.

6. RionnaaLuffzYhuu profile image60
    RionnaaLuffzYhuuposted 5 years ago

Yes, he is.But if you really wanna know, just read the bible.Keep on reading it until you find out, it actsually dosen't really matter.He could've been or not.He was the first born person on earth, so he probably wouldn't be a Time traveler. But when you go to heaven, you'll get the chance to ask him. x)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)