jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Thy would pray over a piece of gum, r we suppose to say the our father prayer? I

1. Janice Daniel profile image60
    Janice Danielposted 5 years ago

Thy would pray over a piece of gum, r we suppose to say the our father prayer? IJN, Jas

2. irenemaria profile image73
    irenemariaposted 5 years ago

Always pray and give thanks.
    But Jesus said in Mathew 6:7, that we should NOT repeat the same words over and over again. The Fathers prayer is a lesson about the content. First things that concern God and later our personal needs.

3. LouTucci profile image76
    LouTucciposted 5 years ago

Can you put this question in English please?

4. profile image0
    LIL-ANGEL-WINGSposted 5 years ago

God gives all things to all. He has loved all unconditionally. He brings the rain and sun on all. For this small thing even a peice of gum, God has provided. We whould then in all things wheather good or bad Give thanks!

The prayer that Christ Said was to show us how to pray first Giving God all Honor and Praise for who He is and what he (His will) has and is doing. Asking God to feed us with His truth and knowledge through the Holy spirit which is within us. Then searchig your heart for the wrong you need to repent of and forgiving all wrong you have suffered from others just as Christ has fogiven all wrong we have done against Him. And Asking Him to keep us from the Evil one who decieves us and lies so that we become seperated form God. And again Praising God for all He is.

1Thessalonians 5:16,17,18  Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

5. Paul K Francis profile image81
    Paul K Francisposted 5 years ago

Reciting a learned prayer may not always be necessary when we are forever aware and thankful of all that we recieve. And if that piece of gum were a piece of bread and someone needed it more than we did, we would know what to do, remembering the miracle of the loaves, knowing that there is plenty more where that came from.

6. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

I can only answer for me and mine and we do pray for everything but we seldom pray for anything. There is a beauty in an ongoing inner dialogue with God. But these are not prayers to receive but prayers in thanksgiving. Prayers of help and prayers that we do His will on earth.
    A piece of gum was once handed from one general to another and in that gesture a ceasefire was created, and from the ceasefire came a truce, and from that truce cam an end to the war. So from that gum, peace was made manifest.
    So I think it may be a good idea to pray for the gum :-)

1. profile image0
      LIL-ANGEL-WINGSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

7. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Not sure of the what, yet brings to mind something 'Billy Chapel' said, "They buy those for gum" in the movie 'For Love of the Game.' (smile)