jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are you waiting for?

1. pstraubie48 profile image88
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

What are you waiting for?

Is today the day you will begin to be the you that you wish to be?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7505807_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I strive daily to be the person that I was intended to be. Of course there are faults, as everyone has them. But, I am working on being the best person that I can be. Day by day.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Today is when I focus on myself and what I expect out of the next year. I do an entire personality profile, three of them. One focusing on the eight basic aspects of personality, another as the Myers-Briggs test, and last as the Big Five. Based upon those I list personal goals, scholastic goals, and anything I anticipate for the next year.

4. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

I always strive to be the kind of person my dogs think i am.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

Like JThomp42 I'm endeavoring to become what might broadly be termed a 'better person' every day.  The actions I take are to continually use and improve the skills I have and to deepen and strenghten what I regard as my more noble values.   It's been an ongoing process for so long now I don't really know when it started.   

Some wonderful teachers have come my way, not only as people in the flesh but as the writers of books, and the presenters of stories and speeches. 

"All I can be is Me," - whoever that is" is something so many of us never even bother to probe, let alone make it a life's work in finding out.  But let me tell you this - whether you believe it or not is YOUR decision - you are such a great being, such a power, such a wisdom as to make your conscious mind boggle!

Theorising about it often enough might lead you to moving towards finding out.   The warning is: once you start there is no turning back.

6. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

I am waiting for the day I am dead.......LOL.... don worry, but don you think it is what everybody is doing here though nobody likes to realize this truth so far?
    Till then I am sure waiting to create some thing divine through my writing. Till then I am waiting to make my mind and soul to be completely satisfied.
    Thank you.

working