jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Why is JESUS referred to as the "Son of Man" in some parts of the Bible?

1. Eric Bendross profile image70
    Eric Bendrossposted 5 years ago

Why is JESUS referred to as the "Son of Man" in some parts of the Bible?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7610529_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

Man here is God and Jesus is God's Son. We are all God's children and made in His own image. My Name is Tom, I am a musician, but it's highly possible that you have never heard of me. Have you heard of Mozart or Bethoven or Pablo Cassals or Nigel kennedy?
    Like Jesus, we are all sons of God but Jesus was to God, kind of like what Pablo Casals is to music. I am not saying this is a great anology, but I trust you get the Spirit. Some of us are like rivers. The Christ was like an ocean. But they are all water. Hope this helps.

Eric Bendrossposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing that answer, dear Brother. GOD bless you always, Sir.

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure. Always good to meet a seeker of the inner life.

3. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 5 years ago

Jesus is both the Son of Man and the Son of God. He IS God in the flesh...God in a human body. Jesus referred to Himself both ways. His Mother, Mary, (of human flesh) was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit (God) and gave birth to Jesus. Therefore He is indeed both Son of Man and Son of God.

I truly appreciate you leaving this answer. Take care and be blessed in the LORD always.

4. drmiddlebrook profile image95
    drmiddlebrookposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure I know exactly, but all is not for us to know. Some is for us Christians to accept, with faith and belief (that surpasses all understanding) in a God who cannot lie. I agree with what Born Again 05 said (above). When I read the words "Son of man," to me it always seems that even though he does not say it, that Jesus is expressing that while he is God on earth, he was born to a woman (mankind) so he's also a son of man. As a son of man (mankind), he feels and experiences the things we all do, and can therefore have great empathy with us. I think he wanted his followers to know he was a man too, and experienced things as a man, even though he was God on earth.

Thank you SO much for this answer. May you blessed always, dear Sister-In-CHRIST. Also, since you liked my last Hub please check out the latest one, too. I'm doing an entire series by way of the HOLY SPIRIT, of course for I can do nothing good alone

2. drmiddlebrook profile image95
      drmiddlebrookposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just finished reading your Hub, Eric. I commented there as well. Great work!

3. Eric Bendross profile image70

Dr. Middlebrook, I have so much respect for you as I firmly hold you in high esteem. Thank you for being the blessing that you have been to my spirit. I also left a comment under my Hub in reply to yours. Have a blessed evening, Sister-In-CHRIST

5. Pool Of Thoughts profile image60
    Pool Of Thoughtsposted 5 years ago

Son of man was a term for a prophet in scripture. THE Son of Man was THE Prophet that was to come as Moses said, "The Lord your God shall raise up a prophet like unto me..."
    The Lord Jesus came in three sons names. Son of Man, Son of God, and Son of David. This gets deep and rich and I don't have time to space to elaborate. But to answer the question. Son of man refers to a prophet. Jesus was not only a prophet, but God manifested in flesh to take away the sin of the world.

GOD bless you, Sir...what an awesome answer. Thank you very much and many, many thanks to the HOLY SPIRIT. Have a wonderful evening.

2. Pool Of Thoughts profile image60
      Pool Of Thoughtsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks and you have a fabulous evening yourself. God bless you. You have inspired me to write a hub on several topics...if time ever permits.

3. Eric Bendross profile image70

You're more than welcome and thank you much for that blessing in JESUS' holy name but WOW! I've inspired you to write ...? GOD is TOO good to us! Hallelujah! Thank YOU JESUS! I know for sure that the HOLY SPIRIT is firmly in the midst of all of this

working