jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where does beauty exist- in our mind or in the thing we judge?

1. Atiquemr9 profile image42
    Atiquemr9posted 4 years ago

Where does beauty exist- in our mind or in the thing we judge?

2. Emanate Presence profile image77
    Emanate Presenceposted 4 years ago

Atiquemr9, you have asked five profound questions in a row.

I will start by 'tackling' this one. After that, a stop by your profile to learn more about you and follow your writings as I love the spark of your questions.

When you wrote these questions, you may like me already have your own answer in mind but also enjoy to read the perspectives of others. What a pleasant way to expand one's own awareness and understanding!

Beauty, like most subjects, can be approached on many different levels and from endless perspectives.

I feel most enriched, that is in contact with my Higher Self, when I experience universal Beauty as a constant quality of the creative field.

I envision the Superstrings (independent of the latest theories of quantum physics) as humming on multi-dimensions at such high frequency that each note creates a particle. The particles gather and merge by agreement. Within these forming frequency bands, there is a quality which comes to be interpreted by Man as beauty. What is seen, heard and felt in our society is a highly diluted version, distorted by the mind separated from its Origin and felt through numbed emotions.

Not many are sensitive enough or take time to feel real Beauty. It is also too potent for most to face. What is expressed and appreciated as beauty in form -- a sculpure, piece of music, a rose or a sunset, is but a small fraction of the essence of Beauty.

1. Emanate Presence profile image77
      Emanate Presenceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Beauty is one of the high frequency energy bands of which we humans are made. We are so captured by minds separted from Origin that it seems far away. When we glimpse Beauty, we are often fearful of our own potency. It is what we are awekening to.

3. Dan Barfield profile image79
    Dan Barfieldposted 4 years ago

For this one I'm going to have to quote Keats:

"Truth is beauty, beauty truth."

4. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 4 years ago

Atiquemr9......at a stress you have put forward 5 very interesting questions here. First let me thank you for that. Keep it up and I am  enjoying these throughout .

Beauty lies in the mind. Beauty is a relative word. Something which is very much beautiful for me may not hold any value for some other person. The expression is a judgment that we put forward as per the level of understanding of the commentator about the view or anything that is being commented. The thing or aspect of anything that we judge and comment as beautiful is all about the perception and satisfaction of the person concerned who is judging.
    Even the beauty itself may hold altogether a very different meaning for different people. For some people tenderness can be beautiful whereas for some other strength can be beautiful also. The depth of understanding and the way of expression also will matter a lot concerning the aspect of beauty in different time sphere. 10 years ago what was beautiful for someone may not be of same value now. So the relativity of the very word "beauty" is eternal to a great extent.
    Thank you for the nice and 'BEAUTIFUL" questions :-)

5. ii3rittles profile image84
    ii3rittlesposted 4 years ago

We see beauty and we feel it.
    You can see a woman's face, and think its beautiful.
    Or you can see a man playing with his child in a park and think its beautiful.

Beauty is simply a paintbrush. We choose the canvas on which to stroke it.

working