Homosexuality - Why it should not be slandered.

Jump to Last Post 51-89 of 89 discussions (238 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

ATTN: We will be having our monthly stonings on the fifth Friday each month. We will spin the "Wheel of Doom" on the secound Tuesday. Currently gays have the "Free Pass" so no gays will be stoned this month. We do have a two for one on liberals! Have a nice day and remember we love you.

The first five hundred get a signed crying towel from the dungeons, truely a collectors item!

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. glendoncaba profile image72
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I just think that those who hate for no real reason are simply dark - hearted people...

I was not put on this earth to judge someone for doing no harm to me, so why should anyone else...

What is fair and just for one peron should be fair and just for another person, as long as that person is a good hearted person with love for others..

am I so wrong for feeling this way?

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, you're just fine. Don't pay attention to me I'm just having some fun.smile

3. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I know your just having a bit of fun dear, but Im in a somber mood...Im disabled and I get ridiculed about it at times, like todaty..I went to get gas, fell on some ice, and people got mad because I couldnt get up to move my car so they could get to the pump..I just an so tired of people judging others over reasons they should not be judged..you know who helped me up?..a homosexual woman who was getting kerosene at a different pump on the other side of the building...

1. profile image0

Well I'm truely embarassed of that kind of behavior and if I had been there that wouldn't happen. I'm one of those guys who stops and changes tires for those who can't or I volunteer my phone. I'm not against homosexuals the only issue I have is marraige vs civil unions.

1. profile image0
        B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and I respect you for that..for having your own thoughts and feelings and not being one to simply follow the crowd..

Honesty is admirable and I thank you for having that good quality within yourself

1. profile image0

Thanks!smile

2. profile image0
      urimiddenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard...made me cry. I wish I had been there. It is a terrible fact, but you are probably stronger and more courageous than those people. So many folks in our society have been reduced to self centered lonely sycophants that rarely ever realize how much they are hurting inside because they are taught to ignore it. Thus they lash out in frustration and attempts to hurt or blame others to feel better.

I am sad with you. You sound like a true treasure that we are all lucky to have. I hope you feel better. <3

4. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Cool story bro.

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

That is what I love about the bible all the love, forgiveness and tolerance just oozes of every page!! lol lol

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you run to and from all the threads spouting old testament verses? In my eyes, it looks like an angry kid running up and down the street breaking windows and running away?
      I think you have your right to your opinion, but I am not understanding why you do that? Holly

6. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

So believers should kill their own children if they are gay?

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well thats how it reads! smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow Earnest, this isn't a religion I would choose.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Everyone following this thread should rapidly go to 'Tatjana's' hub on the subject of whether homosexuality is natural or an illness, at the following link, it makes for a very interesting read and the feedback is also well worth your collective input!

http://hubpages.com/hub/homosexuality-challenge

8. profile image0
    urimiddenposted 14 years ago

Well, I don't believe in evil, but perversion is certainly real. Anyone who cannot admit that homosexuality is a perversion, ie. deviated from the norm of penis goes in vagina (for very specific reasons), is likely just driven by a desire to avoid looking at the facts. I have done deviant things before myself, mainly out of ignorance, and they were not things I had any desire to change. However, I am honorable enough to admit them, and thus I had no choice but to abrogate (quit) EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM OUT OF A CONCERN AND DUTY TO MY FELLOW MAN. The things I learned on that long and arduous journey I will cherish to the end of my days...and beyond!

For homosexuals to incessently demand there is nothing wrong with them is utter nonsense, and clearly exposes their propensity for deception and denial. These truths I hold to be self evident. Yet never mean them any harm, nor tolerate any harm to be done to them. I just don't like being around them. Those are the facts regardless of how much I truly wish they were not!

Well, I accidentally hit submit before I realized I wasn't finished with my thought...so here it is finished.

1. profile image0

A very fair position and well stated.

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

To quote myself on Tatjana's excellent hub (linked to above),

"A gay person having sex with a similar minded willing person is not hurting anyone, therefore it is no-one's business but their own. Let's not forget that it is quite normal for Chimpanzees to "mate" with their own sex as a part of their submission to the leader of their group, and no-one says that isn't natural!!

BTW, God never said he found "homosexual acts to be an abomination", as he didn't write any of the holy books, people did, who are more than capable of putting their own interpretations and beliefs into anything they write down."

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

RE: The Old Testament. It's full of violence, like when God sent the bears to eat the children that made fun of Elisha (or maybe it was Elijah?). The New Testament, not so much.

I don't think most people choose to be gay. My cousin is gay, even though he fought it for years. He was "with" numerous women to try to prove to himself that he wasn't gay, but it didn't work. He told a mutual friend that touching a woman's genitals literally made his nauseous.

Cuz was "different" even as a child. When the rest of the boys were outside playing ball, he was in the kitchen with the women and girls. It has to be genetic.

I too know gay people who have been this way since they were five or six years of age.  Why would anyone choose this when their life would be more complicated because of it?  Many animals exhibit homosexual behavior so did they choose to do this just to be evil?  Of course not, there are just so many people who think they should run other peoples lives when they don't do very well with their own.

11. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Wow Cags, I totally disagree with you. I'm sorry that you feel that way. Although some homosexual relationships were made by choice, my gay friends would tell you that they feel that they did not choose to be gay. There are hundreds of studies that suggest a biological basis for homosexuality.  Sexuality itself is a scale however with choices just like everything else. Which is why in a lot of cases a label of "gay" or "straight" just doesn't apply or make any sense.

You say that "naturally" you should "tend toward the opposite". Maybe for you and I. But what you find natural for you, may be different for someone else. And while there may be some general rules when it comes to animals, in relation to humans... I'm sorry man, but they just may not apply.

1. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a precise place where NO labels are applied, because only the generalization applies- HUMAN Beings natural selection is toward the opposite sex. That means, ALL of them. Not those who choose against it. There is no scale for sexuality and to think that someone created one is pathetic in and of itself. Yet, another tool to create separation.

I love the way people buy into the influences of others. And, can not be honest with themselves or see something for what it is?

It's unbelieveable. I respect you Cole and as for your friends, but there isn't anything you can say or do, which I haven't already reviewed, which proves that this is anything but a choice. Anyone telling you that they felt it from birth is a flat out liar. I know, I've met some of them. And, honestly I don't have anything against them personally. Because, I do know some. But, that doesn't mean their actions are morally right or even scientifically accurate. It's irrational beyond any means, to think that a person would spend their life, even a portion of it, with someone of the opposite sex. It shows they have no clue or understanding of their own life.

1. dejajolie profile image60
        dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Homosexuals don't choose to be Gay no more than Heterosexuals choose to be Straight. I have a family friend who I babysat at 4 years old everyone knew he was going to be Gay, myself included because of his mannerisms, what he was drawn to, and the fact that he kept calling his best-friend, another 4-year-old boy his girlfriend etc. We kept telling him that couldn't be his girlfriend because he was a boy he started crying and was very upset. He grew up in a "typical" household with both mom and dad, and yet he's Gay, go figure? He went to the Navy, had girlfriends and TRIED to be straight, but that didn't last like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Today, at 28 he is GAY. There is no way you can believe that a 4-year-old chose to be Gay.....you must also think pigs fly, yes that's how absurd that would be.

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

RD, speaking of Cuz, I hope he'll be at the Dec. 23 party that you and the judge are invited to. We four need to go visit him in Tampa one weekend! He's invited us several times.

Aren't you afraid we might get the urge to be gay and evil like these other brilliant posters suggest?

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I don't think it's contagious as long as we spray ourselves with Lysol first. Tell you what, I'll spray you if you'll spray me!

I thought you had already been spayed!

14. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

If I ever get the "urge" to be gay, I'll dress you up in a blouse and skirt. Okay?

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

No, you're getting me mixed up with your other wife. I still have all my "innards."

Sorry, I get my harem mixed up sometimes.

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Call me - I wanna ask you something.

17. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

LOL at the few that still think homosexuality is a choice. They can never explain why they chose heterosexuality (because the sex you're attracted to, naturally, is a choice you consciously make) or what the appeal of choosing homosexuality is (I'm sure the equal rights, love and respect by people, avoidance of hate-fueled violence and verbal abuse are just a few of the benefits of choosing to be gay).

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really! Why would anyone choose to subject themselves to this kind of abuse just for the heck of it?

I'm sure there are some here who can make up an answer to your question.  They do it on many others.

1. livelonger profile image86
          livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. And precisely none of them will have "chosen" homosexuality for themselves. Conveniently. lol

18. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

A Recent Survey in Bumble Town - NZ found that the Grunts associated with and during this act of bonding... shows that a lot of Slandering goes on between the consenting partners yikes lol

This never happens between heterosexuals.

19. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

RD, don't you think BC Boutique looks like Cynthia?

20. earnestshub profile image79

I posted this on the other hub.

Is sexual orientation a choice?

No. For most people, sexual orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Some people report trying very hard over many years to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual, with no success. For these reasons, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation for most people to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed. People don't choose their sexual orientation; they can of course choose the kind of a life they want to live.
    From the Australian Psychological Society.

Thank you Earnest for providing this piece of information. I was not aware of it's existence and now I am. Very much appreciated. big_smile

I would refute this, but since I wasn't aware of it, time will be required to look into how extensive these studies were and if any unforeseen human factors had room for influence. smile

Fair. smile

21. earnestshub profile image79

Did I just spot a freudian slip? smile

Do I sound like it? smile

smile Just the last line... smile

22. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Still completely disagree with you smile And it would probably be a waste of time to show you the way that I see it. So maybe we'll just disagree smile

But I just want to let you know that I have thought about this a lot. And I have heard from people of all different perspectives. And having taught a Safe Zone program and being a biology major I feel like what I have learned is sufficient and that is how I formed my thoughts on the issue smile It isn't just me being influenced by others or "tools"

23. earnestshub profile image79
  24. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I detect a hint of religious intolerance. Suppose you titled the thread, "Omnivorous diets- why they should not be slandered," then began with, "I'm so sick of those Vedic Society people saying it's wrong to eat meat." That would not sound very accepting of people who happen to believe differently, would it?

They are entitled to those beliefs and to express them, as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But when some people conduct therapy to change sexual orientation based on Christian beliefs (according to them), they kinda are. Of course that isn't the case most of the time people can have their beliefs and not hurt anyone.

They also use their beliefs to justify treating gays/lesbians as second-class citizens under the law, in contravention with the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution.

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I might be wrong, but it is my understanding that no therapy will be done unless the person wants it done.

You are wrong in this case. Kids will not have a choice, and loved ones of adults will likely turn away if a gay person doesn't submit themselves to "therapy", like in an intervention.

This form of "therapy" has been debunked as useless, demeaning and possibly harmful by all authorities except religious ones.

Yes livelonger is correct. In this case therapy is forced by parents on their children and teens or highly influenced by family on adults. With no support, parents threatening to disown them, families refusing to speak to them until they are "healed", lets just say they feel a little pressure. Imagine having something about yourself that everyone refused to accept, something that made you who you are, that influenced how you lived your life and your ability to be happy.

1. profile image0

Speaking of pressure, isn't there pressure from all of society also? It have read where some have said they knew they were homosexual as young as age three. Kids three years old know nothing about any of this.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmm - But it is OK to get them to start praying to the invisible super being? lol

2. Colebabie profile image60

I disagree. All children are curious, even about sexuality, and possibly as young as three.

1. profile image0

I have to disagree with this. I have no facts to support it, but just the way I see it. smile

I am trying to work too many threads at one time.

2. profile image0

What age range of kids do you mean?

Usually it is teenagers who are forced to undergo these "therapies".

1. profile image0

Would it be acceptable if they did it willingly?

I have never seen one of these therapy sessions in my life. I have no idea what goes on at one. ...Just so you know.

Why would someone want to change who they are??

The only reason is because they have been told by others that it is wrong. So even if they agree to undergo treatment, I'm sure it is not without some sort of pressure. These therapies have not been proven to work, and could cause damage. Look up NARTH and you can see the ridiculousness of their work and these therapy sessions.

From the APA:
                  What about therapy intended to change sexual orientation from gay to straight?

All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective. Furthermore, it seems likely that the promotion of change therapies reinforces stereotypes and contributes to a negative climate for lesbian, gay, and bisexual persons. This appears to be especially likely for lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals who grow up in more conservative religious settings.
                  -American Psychological Association

1. profile image0

Approximately 100 years ago homosexuality was considered a mental disease by doctors. Pressure from homosexuals is what caused them to change it to a alternate way of life.

25. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

It seems to me that the older and more educated that some people become, it is the further away they stray from the commonly available good sense. 

How in the world they could conceive that the purpose of the anus is not merely what it is designed to do, but to add to it's workload and make it into a sexual organ.

And to compound their ignorance, they have their "scientific evidence" and re- search data to disprove the obvious.

I tell you the truth, dumb animals are not so confused.

You may be the dumb animal! Homosexuality in more than 300 different animals, and homosexual love is not as anally fixated as you are!

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm confused. So it's just the anus that's the problem? Does that mean it's okay to be a lesbian but not a homosexual male? Also, why is that society as a whole is generally more accepting of lesbians than of gay men?

Very good point. Another one lost on him (why am I so sure it's a man?) is that not all gay men have anal sex, while lots of heterosexual couples do. I guess some people never got over the fall of anti-sodomy laws.

26. NunezWillLearn profile image60
    NunezWillLearnposted 14 years ago

Some people loves to survive protecting their prejudices like heirlooms. They don't understand that the world is changing.

Some people also think that homosexuality is a part of the modern world. There was nothing like homosexuality earlier. But if you dig in, then i'm  sure you will find plenty of such incidences. It just previously people did not wished to or dared to speak of it openly.

Lets respect the individual preferences and desires.

27. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

As my Grandfather told me one time; I have his permission to do anything that we can get away with..  What does that mean?? 
    I can stick a bone through my nose if I want to.
    Or shave my head and glue a basketball on top of it,  if I want to.  I can even spend the rest of my life attempting to make everyone else in the community learn to think that this the way that it should be done?   If I can get away with this plan... I have permission from my Grandfather to do so.

What I do in the privacy of my own home is no ones business but my own. But when I go out into the world with it,,, It becomes a part of public domain.
       Can I accept the public ridicule for shaving my head and gluing a ball up there??  If I like ridicule then I should go for it, if it is that important to me.
       Who knows by this time next year everybody may be doing it.
       I have heard it said that we all cast our own lots and reap the benefits from it.

To answer the origional question. I'm not concerned until someone comes at me or one of mine with a razor and basketball.

28. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I wrote about this on one of my hubs which I will not mention but a wonderful woman said that homosexuality was wrong, yes I am Christian but my sister who I adore, love and admire is Lesbian and her and her significant other have been in a relationship (committed) for a long time. I knew when my sister was young that she wasn't really into men she always had an attraction to women and of course society dictated how she was supposed to be. She tried the male/female marriage thing and failed miserably and in that time they had 3 children together. It was Christmas a few years ago and we were sitting out on our back patio my sister was miserable, her husband was miserable so we had a discussion. My brother-in-law understood that my sister could not be the wife that he so desired so they both agreed on a Divorce, the moral of this entire story is my sister was born to be lesbian she cannot change her attraction, thoughts or heart she is very happy in her relationship now and she is at Peace with her own lifestyle. Although I am a believer I do not believe that God made dirt he created all in his own image, therefore all of us are a part of him so we should not condemn those for their lifestyles. Here is a link that may answer some questions http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=155 it comes straight from a knowledgeable source and may answer some questions for those who find they cannot understand. smile

1. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perfectly written, Tx!

I am pleased to read of your sister AEvans, and glad she sorted it out. Those of us with family and friends with different sexuality to us allows a very direct way to see the truth. Sexuality is pre-ordained. Part of who we are and perfectly normal in the range of humanity's scope, deserving of both tolerance and love.
        I know your beliefs AEvans, so I especially respect your thoughts about this. smile For those who do not know me, I am heterosexual by the way.

29. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I agree, Julianna. Why would God punish someone who is born like that? It would be like punishing someone because they were born with an IQ of 60, or deaf or blind.

I'm a Christian, and I like to picture God with his arms wide open instead of crossed and angry. He knows what's in our hearts.

30. AdsenseStrategies profile image65
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

If anyone who thinks it is "against Jesus" to be gay can show me ONE PLACE where Jesus MAKES ANY REFERENCE to homosexuality, then perhaps I might start to take them seriously.

...But if their own founder has never been recorded EVEN COMMENTING on this subject, then something very fishy / smelly is going on.

The challenge is on -- I'm waiting...

(Sorry about the shouting wink)

The best part is that Jesus condemned - in no uncertain terms - divorce five times, but the Christianists do not make any attempt to ban divorce.

It seems cherry-picked Biblical prohibitions should translate into civil law when they restrict the freedoms of other people only.

That does seem to be how it is. smile

31. earnestshub profile image79

They conveniently switch to the old testament for that one! smile

32. earnestshub profile image79

Here ya go! You just knew I would post it right?

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
    It somehow remains "in context" whereas the bits they don't like are "Out of context" lol

Sick little sexist god! smile

33. earnestshub profile image79

Of course if you are an infidel and a homosexual that's when it gets heavy duty! lol

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired.  As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies.  Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies.  So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever.  Amen.  That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires.  Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.  And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other.  Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved.  When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done.  Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.  They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful.  They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents.  They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving.  They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway.  And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.  (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

this is one sick passage! Who could read this with an open mind and arrive at the conclusion that it is gods word. A god like that is exactly what we do not need. Homophobia and ignorance are no excuse anymore, the medical and psych. knowledge is everywhere and only those who choose bigotry would attempt to fly in the face of it all.

34. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

So, God's cheerleaders are all women then? lol

35. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Christians do ban divorce. Why would you say they don't?

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Church encourages Annulments if possible.

1. profile image0

To my knowledge Catholics are the ones who encourages anullments.

1. profile image0
          Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for correcting that word; I thought I got it wrong. big_smile  Yeah, I'm Catholic. lol

2. livelonger profile image86

Christianists (right-wing evangelical Christians) have made no effort to ban civil divorce, although they have been the driving force behind banning gay marriage.
      (I have nothing against divorce myself, but I find it really hypocritical for a Christian to use his religion to argue against gay civil marriage but be noncommittal about civil divorce.)

1. profile image0

Show some proof.

I did before in a Hub about this, and even provided statistics. You promptly ignored them. I'm not going through the same effort for you again.

1. profile image0

I don't remeber you emailing me telling me you wrote a hub on it.

Just because people do get divorced does not mean the church condones it. It doesn't mean the church hasn;t reied to keep people from getting divorced. We cannot force people to stay together.

Perhaps not now, but the church legitimized slavery at one time and many were forced into much worse situations.  The Bible has been, and still is used to sway human opinion to the church's benefit.

1. profile image0

I can't do anything about what someone did a hundred years or more ago. I can only try to live my life to the best of my ability and follow after Jesus with all my heart.

I never owned a slave before in my life. That is unless by slave you mean an employee.

But aren't you basing your arguments on a book much older than a few hundred years? You are honoring the words of men much more primitive than those who twisted the Bible verses so slavery was condoned.  Why are you so sure your own interpretation of the biblical passages are correct?

Actually, it's only a few hundred years old. Evangelical Christians prefer the draconian translation of the King James Version, which is only about 400 years old. The fact that older versions in Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic use language that draws different or ambiguous conclusions is something they tend to like to ignore. smile

2. profile image0

I am attempting to base my arguments on Jesus Christ. The Bible is the Word of God. The transation at times is not quite right but close. I use a strong's concordance with Hebrew and Greek definitions to find out what those words are that are tough to define.

What it all boils down to is this. Sin is sin no matter what sin it is. Lying is a sin, stealing is a sin, etc. . . When it is stated that ho,mosexuality is a sin, the walls open up and a flood comes in with comments trying to force it upon everyone that it isn't a sin.

What God hated five thousand years ago, He hates today. He has not changed. Just as telling a lie is against God, homosexuality is also against God. It is a desire of the flesh to sin. We all do it. Just some do it in different ways than others. I include myself in this also.

Some people do get up in arms over this subject. To my remembrance, I have never started a thread on this subject. Most of the times I see one started, it is by someone who wants Christians to condone it as being right.

I don't have any bad feelings toward anyone here, but I have said my piece and don't think there is anything else I can say.

2. livelonger profile image86

We were both commenting on the same thread in someone else's hub. This was probably after the 2008 election. I have never emailed you about any matter.

There's a difference between a church condoning a civil matter it looks down upon, and actively trying to make it illegal. Christian churches have made no effort to ban divorce - which Jesus condemned - while they rounded up the troops for banning gay marriage, when Jesus never mentioned homosexuality at all.

It's far easier to make people feel good about self-righteous about a "sin" they themselves will never commit.

1. profile image0

I don't remember what hub you are talking about. How about giving me a link to your hub. It won't be self-promoting because I asked for it.

For the record, Jesus said, "Go and sin no more."

36. profile image51
    allisaposted 14 years ago

What make them happy let them do. I thinks its better than rape a girl.

37. earnestshub profile image79

I like the display gif idea. It helps distinguish our posts. Neat idea.

How's things going Earnest!

Good, very good now that I have a new gif to identify my posts with! Thanks for that Randy!

Look! We made a little coloured pattern!

Indeed, we are now considered art contributors!

38. Lita C. Malicdem profile image61
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

I just don't understand why homosexuals are peeved when the society looks down at them. I guess not every person from this 3rd world is bad, it's the way they conduct themselves in public that makes them look bad. Perhaps a little restraint and acceptance of their being so, without blaming the judgmentalists will spare them from being judged.

Maybe educating the bone ignorant homophobes would be a better solution!

39. earnestshub profile image79

You have one book to say so, medical science, psychology and brain chemical knowledge says you are wrong.
    Your book is homophobic, so are you. See a psychiatrist!

1. Jouneyman2 profile image56
      Jouneyman2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No actually I have several anatonomy books that clearly state I am correct; not to mention the input from several associates in the medical field who stead fastedly state that the rectum is designed for OUT GOING traffic only and that the vagina is designed for one particular organ....

...not to mention the fact that these organs do not exist within the human bodies of the opposite sex.

IF you have PROOF that this in fact is in error PLEASE post the link... or better yet the PICTURE or media proving it so.

Furthermore, it is fact that in countries where homosexuality is comon practice the birth rates are actually decreasing; can't imagine why....

So homosexuality is only about penetration ??? yikes
          what about lesbians ? they penetrate themselves with dildos through the vagina
          And which countries  have homosexuality as a common practice ??
          homosexuality is everywhere, whether you like it or not.
          And yes, you're homophobic and ignorant about what homosexuality is.
          The fact you don't say anything about lesbians, prove  that.
          The fact you don't say anything about hermaphrodites, prove that.
          The fact that you don't say anything about transexuals prove that as well. Ignorance.
          Pleassse ! Educate yourself ! lol

Deleted

lol
              you're a joke !

Your words :

'Homophobic? No. Homosexuals don't frighten me. I simply do not like them nor their assualt on truth and heterosexuality, nor their affront to nature. Theres no fear there at all. In fact the word REVOLTING comes to mind.'

So for you, Homosexuals are REVOLTING

REVOLTING ?

You're offending a lot of human beings !!!!

NO COMMENTS

2. Jouneyman2 profile image56

Deleted

So again
                  Truth is for you that homosexuals are REVOLTING .
                  OK
                  then
                  I'm done

and:
                  Just in case you didn't see my post lol

you say :

'So lets see... it WAS YOU who posted to me in another thread that corrupt, illogical,perverse, and deceptional thinking was a psychiatric issue, was it not?

OOOOO....     gotcha. Perhaps its best if your argue with someone more on YOUR level; you aren't doin so good on mine.'

And it is a Psychiatric issue,  illogical and perverse thinking !
                  which is your thinking, not mine ! 

So were did you 'get' me ??
                  You aren't 'doing' well anywhere !!

2. Jouneyman2 profile image56

Educate myself... hmmm....:

Doing so, in order to conform to your reasoning, would require me to revert back to using only animal based reasoning. In other words I would have to UN-LEARN everything that identifies me as a human and work with only instinctual based reasoning...

... NO, wait a minute, thats not right... I mean; animals DO NOT have the capacity to formulate deception (lie), which constitutes the basis of your reasoning. So, YOUR reasoning can't be on the same level as an animal's; it HAS to be above it...   

Well dang... there goes that evolution thing out the window ...

So lets see... it WAS YOU who posted to me in another thread that corrupt, illogical,perverse, and deceptional thinking was a psychiatric issue, was it not?

OOOOO....     gotcha. Perhaps its best if your argue with someone more on YOUR level; you aren't doin so good on mine.

you say :

'So lets see... it WAS YOU who posted to me in another thread that corrupt, illogical,perverse, and deceptional thinking was a psychiatric issue, was it not?

OOOOO....     gotcha. Perhaps its best if your argue with someone more on YOUR level; you aren't doin so good on mine.'

And it is a Psychiatric issue,  illogical and perverse thinking !
              which is your thinking, not mine ! lol

So were did you 'get' me ??
              You aren't 'doing' well anywhere !!
              lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)