Does the Celebration of Christmas make a Religion or Cult ok?

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 4 years ago

Does the Celebration of Christmas make a Religion or Cult ok?

What do you think?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

The question is a little confusing. The answer is neither. Celebrating Christmas, is looking at one important part of the Christian faith, which cannot be called a cult. Some may try, but Christianity is certainly a religion that is divided into a number of churches that preach and practice the same ultimate message, of God Creating the world, sending his Son Jesus to spread the word and the die on the cross that we may know salvation. He was born of a Virgin, chosen by God. After his crucifixion, he rose from the dead and walked the earth again. 

I am not even going to try and describe a cult because I do not want a back and forth argument about what a cult is. To those that have different opinions, I ask that you write your own answer instead of commenting on this. The chain of comments to answers is making the question section look like the forum section of Hub Pages.

3. johndnathan profile image82
    johndnathanposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure where to start with answering this question as it is very vague.  The modern practice of Christmas has morphed from a collection of Pagan celebrations, then picked up and branded by Christianity, and finally settled on a mostly secular holiday celebration that's quite a boon for retailers across the globe.

A religion and a cult are basically the same thing, however a religion has larger numbers and is generally accepted by a majority of society while a cult is a small gathering that is often misunderstood by others.  Participating in Christmas is no assurance that one's religion or cult is acceptable.  However, there is a good chance it'll be kinder around the holiday season... maybe.