jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Live normally as possible, or try to do as much as you can in the remaining shor

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

Live normally as possible, or try to do as much as you can in the remaining short life span?

I've learned that I may undergo serious vascular surgery in the Fall and ask what to do with myself?

2. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

Carpe diem, my dear - whatever that means to you.  Do you want to live quietly, contemplatively and serenely; or do you want to get out there and do everything you possibly can with every millisecond you have left.   Personally, I think overstuffing isn't living at all, but just plain stressful.  You find your pace and you'll find your peace.

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your input, and I agree. whonu

4. whaturmissing profile image82
    whaturmissingposted 4 years ago

I find it easier to write mini-goals in a journal so it is what you want to do and what your dreams are instead of following what others what you to do.  The hardest part is knowing what you want to do. 

Live each day fully and go where you want to go.  Spend time with the people who matter and do what makes you happy.

5. joanwz profile image73
    joanwzposted 4 years ago

Do some things that you have never done before or always wanted to do. But also spend time with your loved ones, Anything that feeds your soul. You have my prayers for your the possible surgery and your health. My positive thoughts are with you.

6. manatita44 profile image85
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

The devotee does both. He/she lives as normal as possible, and at the same time, strives to serve God well.
    In your situation, it is good to see that God is manifesting in your illness, and also in the doctors and the hospital. Explore all your options, and at the same time offer them up to the Divine. You may read more and saturate your mind more with heavenly ideas, if you can. Should you have to go to hospital, then cultivate the feeling of acceptance. God never gives us more than we can bear.
    'Try to do as much as you can in the remaining short life span?' If you are referring to spiritual practices here, then this will help you. Everything else is useless.

7. ChosenFew profile image60
    ChosenFewposted 4 years ago

You should live an day long compartments make peace with the issues that are reeling in your mind and think positive as people come out of surgery well all of the time.