If I love the dark things in life as much as the light, or more so, does this ma

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. AngelLambert profile image58
    AngelLambertposted 11 years ago

If I love the dark things in life as much as the light, or more so, does this make me evil/Satanic?

If I dream, wish, hope, think, or sometimes act Dark, negative, evil, sadistic, does that make me evil and mean I will go to Hell? I don't go to church, don't have the time, and love to think dark stuff as much as I love to thunk if good stuff. A scenario is a scenario to me. But will I go ti Hell? And please no mean comments. No, yes unless u change, ur going to Hell. I hate those. Anyway, please and thank you.

2. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 11 years ago

Your thoughts are within you. So whatever you think, you create inside of you. Ultimately, it will all disappear. All thoughts disperse to their origin. You go wherever you want to go. Do what makes you happy. Whatever happens will belong to you, temporarily.

3. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 11 years ago

Well, my Sweet One (forgive me here)
    You use words like 'please' and 'thank you', you say you also like to think 'good stuff.' These are aspects of Light or goodness, and yes, evil is a lesser form of Light. I am most certainly not here to condemn you. If anything, it is to inspire you.

When we do not separate, we see humanity as a whole, and begin to realise that all actions have consequences, and that the saying, 'it's my business how I live my life' just does not wash. We are all a community of potential angels. Indeed much more powerful, but this will do for now.
    Yes, your 'plan' is mostly but not completely mapped out, and you can still transform some aspects of it with a sincere effort and an unchanging will. But by and by, you will do what you do. Wherever or whenever you can, make this a little better for yourself and thereby others.

4. mikielikie profile image60
    mikielikieposted 11 years ago

Hello. I think I've heard somewhere that " you are what you do when no one is watching". I guess what that means is that if you're good when you're alone then chances are you're a good person. But if you do bad things when you're alone you might be a bad person. It's kinda crazy to think but, God sees and hears everything that we do and think. I have some pretty bad thoughts that roll around in my head everyday but I choose not to act them out... I think that means that I'm not a super bad person...just human. It's what we project to the world around us that makes us who we are. I hope this gives you some insight.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Hello Angel,
           One's thoughts come from the mind, the person that you really are comes from the heart. smile Maybe you are seeking to find yourself and who you really are. I really can't elaborate much more without knowing what you mean by dark stuff?

6. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 11 years ago

I myself believe that there is no Satan, and there is no hell. There are the helpers of the world and there are the destroyers. There are those who work to make things better for the human condition, and those who make thing worse. The thoughts that make us feel good are things we were raised to believe were good. My mother used to sing songs and recite poems to me at night with verses like: "If I have looked aside from want and pain, please forgive."  "Let me be a little kinder, let me be a little blinder to the faults of those about me, Let me praise a little more. Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker, Let me strive a little harder to be all that I can be."  She knew the whole poem, "If" by Rudyard Kipling, "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue or talk with kings, nor lose the common touch."  My mother was open-hearted and never looked aside from want or pain even if she had little to give.  As an adult, we need to examine whether we were positively reinforced for that which is good for our growth, our creativity, our functioning in the world or whether somehow we were rewarded for that which is harmful to ourselves and/or to our fellow human being. It's important to examine with a skilled and understanding counselor whether or not our feelings of "dark" and "light" are beneficial to us and to our world or if our childhood experiences were dysfunctional and harmful.   But we needn't fear dark, only if it propels us to harmful actions to ourselves or to others.  Mary O'Neil has written lovely poems about all colors.  Here's her lovely one on black.

What is Black?
    Black is the night
    When there isn’t a star
    And you can’t tell by looking
    Where you are.
    Black is a pail of paving tar.
    Black is jet
    And things you’d like to forget.
    Black is a smokestack
    Black is a cat,
    A leopard, a raven.
    A high silk hat. The sound of black is
    “Boom! Boom! Boom!”
    Echoing in
    An empty room.
    Black is kind---
    It covers up
    The run-down street,
    The broken cup
    Black is charcoal
    And patio grill,
    The soot spots on
    The window sill.
    Black is a feeling
    Hard to explain
    Like suffering but
    Without the pain.
    Black is licorice
    And patent leather shoes
    Black is the print
    In the news.
    Black is beauty
    In its deepest form,
    The darkest cloud In a thunderstorm.
    Think of what starlight
    And lamplight would lack
    Diamonds and fireflies
    If they couldn’t lean against
    Black….
    -Mary O’Neill

7. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 11 years ago

Are you experiencing a tug of war, so to speak? I read your question a second time, and the word "sadistic" popped out at me more than the other things you said. That's an area you may want to avoid, especially if you feel particularly drawn to those thoughts. I worked with troubled children who acted upon sadistic thoughts, and frankly, their lives were very confused, needless to say.
    On Amazon.com you may be able to find a book entitled, Shouting at the Wolf." It is a non-religious book about an individual who experienced the powerful effects of evil in her life, even though she did not invite the evil in. At any rate, it is in no way a "preachy" book. It just teaches people the effects of dark vs light. The book may be considered metaphysical by some. Best of luck to you in your search.

8. profile image72
    grumpiornotposted 11 years ago

Before I read the elaboration on your question, I thought: Loving dark chocolate more than white chocolate is just a matter of taste, and frankly, I'm with you on this! Love bitter, dark chocolate!

After reading your elaboration, I thought you were just trying to provoke.

9. DommaLeigh profile image60
    DommaLeighposted 11 years ago

When a child is born, it doesn't know what is right or wrong, good or evil. It is human nature, we are born with sin. If you have never gone on a religious quest or been taught of faith than going to hell shouldn't bother you. If in your heart you believe  those who do evil will go to hell, ask yourself if you do those things. Again it is human nature to have negative and some time evil thoughts but do you act upon them? Thoughts don't send you to hell but actions do. I am a christian and believe you must trust in and believe in Jesus, that he is the way the truth and the light to live a full and happy life. My second son went on his quest and decided that the Wiccan way was his way and I respect him for his choice though it is not my way. Where my eldest adopted son is a bible pounder, again I respect his decision but his way is to extreme for me. Maybe it is your time to take the journey of faith and find which of the many , many religious organizations is the one for you. An informed decision is the best decision. Trust me you will feel it in your heart and soul when you find it but it is important to find god. When things are the worst in your life, it's a comfort to know god is there to help you pick up the pieces . As far as going to church, it doesn't matter. It's a good thing to do and the bible tells us to fellowship with others but it never tells us that we have to go to church.

10. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

The seed of every desire is in each person. Where we end up is not a result of having the seeds, but of which ones we allow to grow. You are already on the right path if you are asking the question sincerely. Become aware of desire and learn to master it. Cultivate that which is healthy in yourself. Allow that which is unhealthy - do not attack it - but do not nourish it. The mind and the feelings are garden - water the good seeds.

A Native American grandfather said to his young grandson: Inside me, there is a white wolf and a black wolf, and they are always fighting.

Wide-eyed, the boy asked, "Which one wins."

"The one I feed," the wise elder answered.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)