jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does The Lord of Hosts really have control over your dreams?

1. andrew savage profile image60
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

Does The Lord of Hosts really have control over your dreams?

According to the bible nonbelievers will have their hair fall out, bad luck, difficulty in imagining and a lack of dreams when they are removed from the Holy Spirit. Is there a Christian or Jewish explanation for why and how this is? Please site a passage.

2. celafoe profile image63
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

please quote scriptural documentation for your claims, i am not familiar with them.
    chapter and verse

3. mommyhood profile image59
    mommyhoodposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if these are the verses that I'm thinking of but if you take a look at Romans 1:18-32, it talks about God's wrath on those that don't want to follow Him. He gives those over to their sinful desires..it's like they walk in a cursed state because God is not with them. For it is plain to all of creation the evidence of His glory...everyone has a sense, a knowing of God..every human is born with this knowledge of God but they decide to pursue their own sinful desires. There are several examples of this in the Old Testament for the Israelites when they disobeyed God. They were to serve as an example to nonbelievers..and Gentiles to live Holy. Not sure if this answers your question..but if I think of more verses, I'll follow up

4. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

Well for the "sinners" rather than non believers, I do not think the "bad luck" is in the way you say.

I do believe what you give to someone comes right back ten times worse and I believe that whole heartily.

God will punish, he will try and try again to have a sinner repent, although he knows their heart but gives them free will, however no way will the guilty go unpunished. If you hurt someone,it will come back. There is a reason for what happens to you. Always remember things that go on in your life and think if it is something that has come back to you.

As for dreams,if allowed yes oh yes I believe the Holy Spirit gives dreams/visions to certain "chosen" ones. I am one, I receive my answers in many ways, mostly visions when I meditate.

With that said, I would also like to say, the Holy Spirit has control over everything we do and say and can take down a city in one day. He also can give us thoughts and intuition to do something. However we are left with free will unless he needs to intervene.

Laurie

working