jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you visit the worship places of other religions?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

Do you visit the worship places of other religions?

As a Hindu, my religion doesn't prevent me from visiting other religious places.  Apart from temples, I also visit Churches and Mosques.  What about you? Please give a frank reply.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7963544_f260.jpg

2. Amber Vyn profile image60
    Amber Vynposted 4 years ago

Yes! I've been to Indian, Buddhist, and Jewish temples. I'd love to visit a mosque, but only fellow Muslims are allowed.

sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good. But some mosque allow non Muslims too as I have visited a few ones.  I have written a couple of hubs on religion and culture, which I hope you will find and read.  I request your reading  my hub on "The Christianity in Kerala".

3. d.william profile image75
    d.williamposted 4 years ago

Although i no longer have any use for organized religions, i recall as a child, the priests telling us that it was a sin to visit/attend the services of other religions. 
    I was brought up in the Roman Catholic church, and over the years found that everything they ever preached and stood for was a sham, and the same goes for all other organized religions.

Dear William,

You have revealed certain truths and I appreciate you.  I also invite your attention to the following hub, which is related to religious freedom:  http://sunilkunnoth2012.hubpages.com/hu … ious-World

2. d.william profile image75
      d.williamposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I read you suggested hub. Excellent view of Hinduism. I learned a lot. I look forward to reading more of your works.

4. Seafarer Mama profile image86
    Seafarer Mamaposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind visiting a mosque with a friend. I've been to a synagogue for a funeral service. Would love to visit a Buddhist and a Hindu temple. Grew up Catholic and now attend a UU church. :0).

Good. Let's keep the communal harmony intact.

working