jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

If God exists

1. tHErEDpILL profile image88
    tHErEDpILLposted 4 years ago

If God exists

If God exists and he in fact does interfere with our lives why does he let bad things happen to good people?  Why does he let people suffer who don't deserve to?  Is this one big ass game to him or is there something that we can not understand in the works here?  Maybe he doesn't interfere at all, or maybe.....maybe he does not exist?  Don't think negatively of my due to my thoughts as of now I believe in God.  I am just asking the question that people are afraid to ask.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

God does exist. Why does he heal and bless so many people? The disciples suffered their whole ministry until they were killed, with the exception of John. We should not expect one single thing from God, for he has done by far enough by sending his son to die a terrible death on the cross, so that we can accept him and live in paradise for eternity.

God does not owe anyone anything, for he has already done more than enough.

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Amen. There is nothing left to say.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Sir.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8076381_f260.jpg

Perhaps, just perhaps if we can imagine that the one certain event after birth (exception being abortion) that happens to us all (ahhhh, even me) is indeed, our most timely (not on my time) death. If you can imagine death as being a new beginning and not what this world has led us to believe, that is, the end of all ends. Then perhaps you can begin to see "death" in a different light. One that actually rescues us when we are overwhelmed here on this 3rd rock from our sun. If we are spiritual beings having a human experience it is not as bad as you may perhaps be led to believe... Didn't God the father rescue His "son" in this way?

4. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

My own approach to this issue - theodacy, the nature of the goodness of God and the evil in the world - is very simple.

God has answered every prayer. Each time someone asked for something, he said to another person, "help him, help her." Now, there are 7 billion sons and daughters of God, brothers and sisters of each other, all here to be true to God, to be peaceful, harmless, and loving, to be creative like our Creator and true to ourselves, and to love, serve, and help one another.

Only each one of us can make the free will choice to not hear God's voice, or not do a the Divine, in our heart, calls us to do. So, too often, we do nothing, or even do harm, rather than help.

The problem lies not with God, but with us. The solution is already given by God, and we are that solution. Let us make a different free-will choice to love all (ourselves, friends, and enemies) as God loves us all. We can each do this, and love patiently when others do not. And when all do this, let's see if there are any problems left for God to handle!

5. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 4 years ago

you find a Gem buried deep in the ground.
    stuck to the gem is a lot of stone / grit / dirt
    in order to really see the beauty of the gem you need to wash / grind / polish

a good character in a person is a gem.
    the person is good from within but they too have some bad traits
    character is built by first hand experiences, therefore a person has to go through some experiences to really know what it feels like.
    to really bring out the best in the person God puts him/her through some struggle and eventually he/she gets rid of the bad traits and all is good again.
    some people never learn and stay in the struggle phase.

one more point... how do you really know if a person deserves to suffer or not? do you know what is in their hearts? you do not even know yourself well enough so how can you judge who deserves what? when you say "this person deserves this or that" you say it because you have seen him/her do some good in the world ... what you actually mean is that you would like to see them happy but what if they are already happy and content but you can't see it coz you have different standards to them.

6. kess profile image61
    kessposted 4 years ago

It largely depends on who/what you see as God,
    If the picture is not perfect to you,  then that is a
    good indication that, that type of God does not exist.

7. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

In my opinion, there is no master pulling the strings. We are beings with free will that make choices.  It should also be noted that without suffering one cannot understand true joy and without evil how would we understand goodness? All things exist and all have a purpose.  When we believe an entity should control us or stop things etc. that is giving away your spiritual/human power to an idea and not taking charge of your own destiny. 

Everyone hurts, everyone dies, but also everyone smiles and feels happy and everyone (mostly) experiences love and all the other good things we tend to assign to "God" while denying the bad things.  It's all a part of the whole of experience and all of it is necessary.

8. profile image53
    abt79posted 4 years ago

The pain of most people in the world is caused by the decision of people before them and people around them. God gave humans free will allowing them to do what they want. Take the Holocaust, for example. It was clearly wrong that 6 million Jews were slaughtered, but if God interfered with Hitler, it would inhibit his free will. We cannot make it into heaven by the choices of God, we must choose our own path. Therefore, i believe Hitler was sent to hell because of what he did with his free will, and others were sent to heaven and will be sent to heaven by their own choices.

9. Ronilo Blanca profile image66
    Ronilo Blancaposted 4 years ago

Absolutely God exists. Look into your surroundings, look at the mountains, the oceans, the birds and all the living creatures on earth. Those things are perfectly testify the existence of God. Even we don't see him, but his creations are the best evidence that he exist.

Here is my example:
      Look at the houses and the buildings. Do you think that houses and buildings can exist with out the human who builds or create them?

Look it in reverse, do you think all of the living creatures exist without Creator?

Hope this answer satisfy your question.

working