jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does God Permit Suffering?

1. jamesrk profile image34
    jamesrkposted 4 years ago

Does God Permit Suffering?

2. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 4 years ago

Yes but for wise reasons, if you are christian as I think read the reasons in your religion from here : http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/suffer.html

3. Marc3 profile image60
    Marc3posted 4 years ago

God does allow suffering but there is more to it than meets the eye.

Read here:  http://marc3.hubpages.com/hub/Why-would … -to-happen

God Bless.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Yes.  But with the suffering come the blessings, which are more than the suffering.  The best book is to read the book of Job.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

The best answer you can possibly get from this question would be the book of Job in the bible. At times God will let us suffer to see how strong our faith is.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Suffering, whether physical or mental, comes from the free will choices of ourselves and/or other people. God will allow people to make the wrong choices and suffer the consequences. If we never experienced the bad things in life, we'd think we don't need God in our lives. The low points should be a catalyst which drives us toward God instead of away. I know some people would think that's cruel and say that no human parent would harm a child to make them love them more. Just because I can't fully understand God or explain any better about God letting people suffer, doesn't mean I don't accept it as an essential part of my Christian walk.

7. profile image0
    JoelMcLendonposted 4 years ago

Yes, because he made man to rule over the earth and everything in it, and this is how man rules earth (very badly) It is our actions or lack of that creates suffering.
    Genesis 1:28
    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

working