Are we, as the human race, giving God more than he can handle?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (21 posts)
  1. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

Are we, as the human race, giving God more than he can handle?

With all the violence, wars, moral declines and constant breaking of the commandments, when will he say, "That's it! Lights out!" Are we pushing the envelope? I'm sure he has his limits. It's scary when you think about it.

2. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 10 years ago

No, that is why he is Jehovah God, it would be a contradiction in who He is verses who we are. Yes, there are is limits but He with deal with the problems in his own good time.

3. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image61
    Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 10 years ago

No IDONO 51, the human race is in no way giving God more than He can handle.  He can handle everything for He created all of us and all things that has been made as in John 1:3, and with God all things are possible, as in Matthew 19:26.

God in God the Father, God the Son (in Jesus) and the Holy Spirit - or better known as the Holy Trinity - are but ONE and the SAME GOD, all knowing, all powerful, omnipotent and omniscient. He is above all things and without Him we are nothing.  No matter how we will our actions be, we can never outdo God in everything.  He has the answer for everything, and with the Holy Bible, in the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we may all be enlightened to His truth, and reveal false prophets, liars and deceivers who veer us away from this truth. 

Before man ever makes a move, God knows what his succeeding moves will be, for He knows what is in our hearts, Amen?  Oh yes, make no mistake about it, we may decide what we want to do, still, at the end of whatever given time frame, HE IS and WILL ALWAYS BE IN CONTROL, for HE IS OUR ONE AND ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD AND FATHER, as better revealed in the Book of REVELATION, and better understood in spirit, can never be fathomed by our human mind as long as we continue to be ruled by our own pride, not by the humility of our hearts and spirit.

4. wildove5 profile image75
    wildove5posted 10 years ago

I can picture the scene from the movie Bruce Almighty with Jennifer Aniston and Jim Carry.  In the scene where Cary is hearing all the prayers at once comes to mind with this question.  I think for us humans it is normal to think it's impossible for just one person to listen to billions of prayers being sent sometimes all at once.  Unlike some humans, God can multi task quite well without becoming overwhelmed. Just consider all that he has created and has sustained, millions of years later, and countless trials, wars, epidemics, etc, and he's still going strong.  Of course when he's had enough, he'll let us know for sure!  But that time has already been pre-determined, so I'm sure he's not scowling and wringing his hands over our mistakes.  He's seen it all before and offers us his grace and forgiveness!  I guess every generation thinks that theirs is the worse, but if you know anything about History, this world has seen much worse, cholera for example, and lets not forget the orgies in the streets before Christianity.  Back then homosexuality was the norm, as was birth control, so much so that the very plant woman ground to take as a birth control was make extinct.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not!  Have no fear IDONO, when the end comes, " It will come like a thief in the night, you will not know the day or the hour,"  so be ready!

5. Frank Menchise profile image50
    Frank Menchiseposted 10 years ago

No way! God is God and he is the creator of everything, so there is no way that we do things that he cannot handle.

6. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 10 years ago

There is no Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Indian, Chinese, W.Indian, you name it, god.  We cannot give too much for an entity to handle that does not exist.

The human race needs to look to itself to solve its problems of greed, self-centeredness, righteousness, hatred and callousness. And the human race has done so to some small extent as it has aged. There were many more callous and violent societies existing historically before now.  We have grown somewhat as the world has shrunk in size and technology has advanced.

We cannot look to a fictitious deity to solve our problems and we cannot fear a fictitious deity will be angry at us for being human one more day.  The human race has been violent, always questioning morality, breaking rules of law and ethics since it first inhabited this Earth.  And talking about morality, morality is subject in nature.  50 years ago it was immoral for a man to lay with a man and a woman to lay with a woman.  Now same-sex marriage is considered moral and even the Catholic Pope is soft-soaping his views on same-sex couples.

And even if you believe in a god shaped like a man as so many do, that god created you as you are with all your flaws.  That god is reputed to be infallible; omnipotent.  All powerful.  All knowing.  A god as wise and powerful as that surely knew what man and woman was capable of doing and what they would do.  If not then he would not be omnipotent. If he created us with the flaws we have, then his act was either intentional or god is not all that powerful.  God reputedly can do anything and answers to no one.  Man does not have that luxury.  Man can die. God lives forever. Man must consume living things to survive.  God does not have to kill living organisms to survive.  Man must build shelters to protect himself from nature.  God needs no shelter or protection.  Man does not have all the answers.  God knows everything including what was and what will be.  It is easier to be a god than a man, so if anything god should cut man some slack.  A lot of slack.

I think the questions that should be asked - if a god exists - should be when will god stop man's suffering.  Why does god expect man to behave as well as god when man has none of the advantages of a god.  Why did god make man such that man and woman have to struggle to survive.  Why did not god make us a nice loving people with a nice friendly environment to live in.  The answer?  Because there is no man-like god.

1. IDONO profile image60
      IDONOposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This question was not presented as a platform for your "God Bashing". I'm sure there are plenty of other sites that are more appropriate for your personal vendetta.

2. RealityTalk profile image60
      RealityTalkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Strong words! Maybe you should listen to the words of your god & turn the other cheek, but then that would mean following everything your faith dictates & not just what pleases you.

7. taburkett profile image57
    taburkettposted 10 years ago

God has no limits.
    But mankind certainly does.
    Mankind consistently pushes the envelope to a scary decline constantly breaking the commandments.
    The moral followers within human society then begin to correct the situation.
    God always provides an avenue to achieve justice against those who deny him.

8. skgrao profile image65
    skgraoposted 10 years ago

G.D.Naidu made a Shaving Blade 50 years ago in India and said he will sell the Blade against a Blade in use that day 7 'O' Clock for the Indians only for just 25% of the Blade 7'O' Clock if Govt will stop importing 7'O'Clock Blade.Govt refused.He did not make the Blade.
    He has a School in Engineering for the poor where the poor need not pay anything for tuition or Boarding & Lodging.
    This Self Made Engineer has a Cadillac Big Car which he has smashed with a hammer in his own hand in his Museum at Coimbatore - Tamil Nadu - India,when the IT Dept came to seize it as he refused to pay some kind of Tax.
    Here he had put up a sign board " Construction for Destruction ".
    Every thing will go,Just Wait for a stupid computer to go Mad in a Nuke center some where.

9. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 10 years ago

How can you overload God? Not possible at all.

10. whonunuwho profile image54
    whonunuwhoposted 10 years ago

Believe me..God not only can handle the human race, but by his grace he allows us to malign him., refuse to believe in him and commit every sinful act under the sun before his eyes, which are often tearful. The few who love, worship, and obey his precepts are going to be blessed in a life forever in heaven. Sadly,however, the many who commit such sinful acts and have no care for redemption will be given their just desserts.

11. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

If you believe in a omnipotent God, then no. I believe that God can handle all things. It is the human race that is screwing things up.

12. Billrrrr profile image84
    Billrrrrposted 10 years ago

We are but fish in a self-sustaining tank of supreme construction.  It is on a stand in a rarely used alcove of the great room which contains an untold number of marvels much more interesting than a fish tank.

13. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 10 years ago

God can handle anything but most of us should be ashamed of how we abuse the gift of life. That includes me cause I am far from perfect.

1. IDONO profile image60
      IDONOposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank You. Your short, concise answer, tells me that you totally understand where I was going with this question. You inspired another question. Thx again.

14. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 10 years ago

God can handle anything. That's why He tells you to cast your cares upon Him.

15. klw1157 profile image87
    klw1157posted 10 years ago

Make no mistake God is fully aware of the plight of the world. He understands the human condition and has since the beginning of time. He knows that we have a naturally sinful nature and are going to err no matter how serious the attempt not to. There was only one perfect man, Jesus Christ. He does want us to live rightly and I personally believe that it grieves him when we do not but that is how it works, he gives us free will and we choose whether or not to follow him and his teachings. The violence, wars, immorality and disregard for the commandments of which you speak have been around since they were handed down. As time marches on and the human race grows and technology improves, the aforementioned problems grow in number not in seriousness, and we simply see and hear about them more quickly. I believe there will come a day when he will decide to do "lights out" but it will be in his time and of his will, not influenced by anything we do. Our best bet is to realize that he freely forgives our sins when we ask him and do so regularly.

16. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 10 years ago

Instead of saying God has limits, I would say, God sets his limits. Once the limit is crossed I am sure he will press the button!

As per Hinduism, God plays all the three roles - Creation, sustenance and destruction.  And I am sure he would take up the third role - destruction at an appropriate time at his sweet will.

17. BuffaloGal1960 profile image67
    BuffaloGal1960posted 10 years ago

You are so right about the moral decline and violence.
    We can never give God anything or more than He can handle I don't think.
    But I do think He gets fed up and has hardened the hearts of many.
    I don't find it scary however. I look for the day when He says, "Son go get Your children."  I look forward to it for so many reasons:
    1) No pain.  2) No tears.  3) No death.  4) No sorrow  5) No crime  6) Sitting at the feet of Jesus (oh if I could just be worthy to touch the hem of  His garment). 7) I will see my loved ones gone before me and we will have a reunion. I especially miss my grandmother.  8) I will meet my dad and my Grandpa Lovette for the first time.  9) I will see a few aunts and uncles that I've lost in the past five years. 10) I can snip a rose from it's stem and it won't die. 11) The water will be crystal clear.  No, I'm looking forward to being out of here in an instant with a new body forever to be with my Savior.

18. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

I should have worded the question," More than he cares to handle". I know he has no limit on what he can handle. I apologize if I misled anyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)