If God knew that we would abuse the freedom of choice so bad, would he have give

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

If God knew that we would abuse the freedom of choice so bad, would he have given us that freedom?

This was inspired by a response to another question. I don't doubt God's decisions. Nor do I understand a lot of them. I guess that's what faith is. But I'd sure like to see what others think.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I don't have the verses in front of me, but yes God would've gave us that choice. God, by his nature, knows everything. This isn't just what we've done in the past or are doing right now. He also knows what everyone will do in the future. So he did know the freedom would be abused and he gave it to us anyway.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 10 years ago

God has given freedom of choice knowing very well that it will be abused under the power of his Maya. Good and bad, right and wrong, creation and destruction, dharma and adharma, truth and fiction, violence and compassion -- all are the two sides of the coins he has given to us through the freedom of choice.

When the tilt is more towards the negative, he would intervene to bring the balance again but not totally towards 100% perfection!

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

Yes. He knew how people would behave. This is why he sent his son Jesus Christ to save us from all of our wrong "free will" choices. If it were not for Jesus, we would all be in big trouble.

5. Ceegen profile image68
    Ceegenposted 10 years ago

If I were God, I would feel horrible that I had to ever create things with free will and ability to love, to put them through such misery and pain, just in order to show us what good really is. I suppose that's why the man on the cross said "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do!"

He felt so sorry for us, that He paid for our sins... Himself. That was the whole point of it.

Our prize is already won, we have nothing to fight for. Our assurance of salvation is founded upon a great rock, nothing can shake it. Even in the face of great tribulation, people are panicking about all the conspiracies, wars and rumors of wars; but we know that tribulations must first befall us, because it is our own fault.

We've divided ourselves, and Satan rules supreme in a world based on living a sinful lifestyle, by means of a great deception. Our freedom of choice, has given us the ability to stop serving God, and turn away in a faith of something greater than all that is.

But without free will, love could not be, because nothing forced is truly love. So with the ability to choose, we were just looking out for #1, the big "Me and mine" crew, extending into some kind of 'good-ole boy' system. We blamed God for the things Satan was doing to us, because our cries go up to heaven, and God does hear your cries for righteousness. You can believe that with every ounce of your soul.

But it's been 2,000 years since the birth of Jesus, by all best guesses. He's not back yet, and something is seriously wrong with this picture of the world around us.

We live in an age where it's okay to virtually worship Lady Gaga, who said "... I swear to Lucifer, if you don't..." on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and no one thinks this is strange? Why was John Lenin or John F. Kennedy really shot dead, one a white witch with a secret, the other a man who upset the established order of things? Or how about our government agencies, just doing about whatever they "feel" is necessary to protect this country, going to great lengths to make criminals of us all, and everyone is a potential threat? And if aliens really don't exist, why then would the government even investigate such absurd claims, as in "Project Blue Book"?

What are "aliens" really, but fallen angels? In the end times, it will be a lot like the days before the flood of Noah. Fallen angels descended, as recorded in the book of Enoch, which gives us insight into the time before the flood.

No one can stop it now, it is observed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)