Sooooo Where is Judas?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

Sooooo Where is Judas?

Many assume that Judas is in hell for betraying Jesus, yet in Matthew 19 Jesus told his disciples that they would sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel (presumably they got one each).

So either despite his actions Judas is/will sit on a throne, or Jesus didn't have the faintest idea Judas would betray him at the time he made this statement. Regarding Matthias, he wasn't a disciple when Jesus made this statement so Jesus was talking to Judas, not to him.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

First, Judas was called by the Lord to be his disciple, and as such, worked with Him for His entire ministry, so he knew the Lord. In fact, in Matthew 10, verse 4 he is identified as one of the 12 who were sent out to preach the Kingdom of God message. They were given supernatural powers. Look at the first verse. It says that they were given the power over unclean spirits and were able to heal every disease and sickness. This power could only be given to believers, since Christ stated that the devil cannot cast out devils. I refer to the situation in Matthew 12 where Christ explains that He cast out demons by the power of God, and that it could not be by the power of Satan because a house divided against itself cannot stand. Satan cannot cast out Satan. Some may argue that Judas was a hypocrite and not a true believer----but to have been given that power by the Lord, I don't think so.

Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So you believe Judas retains his position on a throne alongside the other apostles?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

DH.... My comment says it all I think.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Only one scripture is needed to know
      Matt 26:24
      The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

3. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

What difference does it make, it has no effect on the kingdom of God, He did what he was appointed to do-- betray Christ.   so scripture fulfilled.    But I do wonder how any bible student  can justify him entering the Kingdom of God based on this scripture
    John 6:70-71   Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"  71 He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.
    Unless  there is a scripture missing from ALL of my bibles and study books that negates these two..

Matt 24: 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
    Mark 13:13   And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

golly-- does this mean that some folks are wrong and that these scriptures are true and mean what they say?

So when Jesus told Judas he would sit on a throne he was being economical with the truth then as you clearly point out this statement to Judas was later overturned.

2. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

i am open to correction if someone has scripture in context to show   otherwise but as far as I can see this says it all.

3. Sinbadsailorman profile image61
      Sinbadsailormanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Again The Apostles who Pen This were not yet of full enlightenment They Judged Judas and I believe they have done so wrongly. There is Both truth and falseness within the Good Book Tares and Golden wheat they grow together until the reapers reap

4. celafoe profile image54

DH-- dont you thing that the phrase used many times has a meaning.?  "endure to the end"?   Dont we have to consider all of scripture not just a few verses?
      sinbad- I have no interest in your opinions- they have no value - scripture only has value

5. Disappearinghead profile image60

Celafoe, when Jesus told Judas he would sit on a throne, did he add any conditions when he made that statement? If Judas did not make it in the end, Jesus should have known from the beginning, and said only 11 would sit on thrones.

6. profile image0

Judas died afterward. He was according to the prophets suppose to betray Yahshua and that was all he was meant to do.

4. Sinbadsailorman profile image61
    Sinbadsailormanposted 10 years ago

Wow, Disapearinghead. This is the Question I ask always when testing those whom presume to teach me of the scriptures. It is a question I asked of a Catholic Priest when he said he couldn't marry me in his church unless I took the churches classes on marriage.

Non the Less He could not answer the question to my satisfaction. And he did not marry My wife and I which greatly saddened my wife from the start.

And None shall pluck you from My Hand, was it Not Jesus who chose Judas? Did He not ask the other 11 If He had chosen a devil?  Did Judas repent? Did Judas actually Hang Himself and split his bowels open?

Too Many are of the Opinions of those opinions drawn of by early church elders and profiteers.

Christ said we would have to eat of His body [We would have to discern His followers] He said we would have to drink of His Blood {their spirits and those things that drive their choices when following Him]

In my Opinion Christ Knew what He was doing and He Knew Judas would repent which He did when he tried to give back the silver pieces. And then when they refused he threw the pieces upon the ground before Them. Which I believe got him hung and disemboweled for his troubles.

Judas is in Paradise as are the other twelve are awaiting Judgement. Matthias is Judas's Name sake or benefactor.   

Judas was to suffer greatly for his call to action. It would have been better for him if he was never reborn of woman, and which the Lord told him to go and do quickly.  Before he had time to think upon it no doubt.

Judas was the Money handler for this group and as the rest believe Chirst's first coming was to lead to the end result of His Last coming or second coming the conclusion of It all as a Conquering King with an army. I believe Judas thought he could rush this in before Its time.

And when he realized it wasn't going to work as he perceived It should have he repented and tried to repair the damage that he done to no avail and for that he was murder for his trouble by the High Priest's men.

I think we are of similar mind here. Clearly Judas did repent otherwise Jesus statement that he would sit on a throne is null and void.

2. celafoe profile image54

Acts 1:25-26
      25 to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place."
      then there is this scripture

3. Sinbadsailorman profile image61

Acts 1:25-26  celafoe  you must be new to discerning the Bible If you think It is Our Lord and Saviour speaking Here for It is Not But It is indeed worldly Men still who have not come to their full potential it is the Apostle and their Ill reasonings

4. celafoe profile image54

sinbad--- so if Jesus did not say it then it is not valid-   sorry that just is not true, if it were then then we would have a very small set of scriptures to use.

5. Disappearinghead profile image60

If Jesus did not say it, it is human opinion. Why assume that everything else is scripture when it was included by subsequent committees of men? It's a huge leap of faith to believe the church bishops got it right.

6. Sinbadsailorman profile image61

Why is it when the babes get offended the cry scripture only All scripture is open to proofing and debate for instruction and for teaching have we not been using scripture? I am not a scripture Lawyer that is a losing game when Satan enters the ring.

7. profile image0

Sinbadsailorman and Disappearinghead-How can you call someone else a babe and how can you think Judas will sit on one of the 12 thrones?
      Do you even read the scriptures? With what understanding? I am writing a hub on Judas

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

Matthias (Matthew) was a disciple. He was with Yahshua starting from the time of the baptism of John until Yahshua was taken. That's why he was chosen as an Apostle.
    Judas never saw Yahshua taken and it is a requirement to be an Apostle.

Read Acts 1:20-26
    20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
    21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
    23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
    24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
    25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
    26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Judas is awaiting to be in the resurrection whichever one he will be in.

1. profile image0

Well I wrote the hub

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)