jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

If you are righteous, what do you give to God?

1. jacobkuttyta profile image76
    jacobkuttytaposted 4 years ago

If you are righteous, what do you give to God?

If you are righteous, what do you give to God?  Or what does God receive from your hand?

2. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

"If you are righteous?" I think that would be so cool. But I would probably puff out my chest too far and parade around.
    My only gift to God are my wonderful 4 children who love. Well maybe my love too.

3. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 4 years ago

Very nice question.

Righteous or not righteous, that is God's place to judge,because sometime we do not know what offenses we may be making at any given time.  All I could offer God is my love and a life of devotion, God owns everything eles.

Best wishes

4. KenDeanAgudo profile image83
    KenDeanAgudoposted 4 years ago

If you are a righteous  person, you don't need to think of anything to give God cause the way you are being righteous is just enough to God. Remember, he wanted us to do his commandments, and being a righteous man is the greatest gift that we can offer to God

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How True

5. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

well I am born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit so Jesus says I am righteous (by virtue of putting on His righteousness) so I will give Him my obedience which He prizes.   
    Rom 5:19  for as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

1 Sam 15:22  As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
    Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,

1. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am impressed for I have never met a self proclaimed righteous man.

2. celafoe profile image58
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

to eric---leave it to you to misunderstand and twist what i said as usual.  Apparently this is a game to you but it is not to me.  All I did was say what scripture says.  no self proclamation involved.  this is supposed to be a CHristian question.

3. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I will leave it alone so you do not complain and get me banned. Let me leave you with something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQGMvqU4XxY
      Try to show a little happiness because you do not

6. Chuck RitenouR profile image71
    Chuck RitenouRposted 4 years ago

This is a very interesting question. I think the supreme power that rules Heaven and Earth requires nothing more from mere mortals than our love. However, I could be wrong so I'll ask Her tonight in my prayers.

7. DeBorrah K. Ogans profile image58
    DeBorrah K. Ogansposted 4 years ago

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."   There is cleansing Power within His Word!''  1 JOHN 1:9
    ~ I believe in Jesus Christ and His Word!  I am only righteous because of  God's Grace. I have no righteousness of my own. I accept that I have been declared righteous through Jesus Christ my Lord & Savior!   Therefore I give the Lord my heart and submit to His Will & His Way and  commit to readily repent whenever  necessary.   I daily continue to  spiritually grow by His Grace... ~

1. celafoe profile image58
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

amen

8. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 4 years ago

The Hebrew word translated as righteous is צדיק and is pronounced tsadiyq
    tsadiyq is one who remains on the path. The path is the course through life which God has outlined for us in his word.
    So what do I give to God?
    I give God obedience to His word.
    From my hub
    http://deborah-sexton.hubpages.com/hub/ … ds-Page-II

working