jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe the existence of Buddha?

1. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 4 years ago

Do you believe the existence of Buddha?

What is your personal opinion about Thai amulet and the mystic power that it possesses.

2. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I am not sure I believe this. I think if we believe in our minds than it becomes true.
    Its like walking past a black cat, if this is superstitious for you, then it becomes that way and if you think its evil, evil you will get. Its a matter of the mind.

The only one that has the power to do anything is "the Holy Spirit"
    He gives us gifts/prophets and powers by his own hand.

I believe that our dreams come from God also. if he wants us to know something.

If Buddha has powers then all powers are given through God.
    My opinion only though, doesnt mean I am right. Be very interested on what others think
    Good question

1. edhan profile image60
      edhanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I do agree in a way of what you are saying. For me personally, Buddha is a messenger or prophet like Jesus Christ. There is only one God while we all receiving from the different prophets.

3. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

I do believe in the existence of Buddha (his teachings) as well as the Thai amulet. When I walked the path of a Christian I also believed in the power of the cross. I believe that there is power in many things. It is not restricted to any one thing or people. We are all on a journey of sorts trying to get to the same place. We just take different paths. Truth or spirit can be found under a rock or a dead a dead leaf. Sometimes we do not see a thing because our eyes or spirit is not open to it. I hope what I am saying makes sense to you, sometimes when I take things from my head or heart it looses in translation when I put it to paper.

1. edhan profile image60
      edhanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes. You may be referring to our Third eye which allows one to see spirits. I am a believer of Christ as well as Buddhism or all religions as it teaches goodness in us.

4. profile image61
    paarsurreyposted 4 years ago

I believe Buddha existed. He was a good person like Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

5. Amy Naylor profile image79
    Amy Naylorposted 3 years ago

I think what's so great about Buddha is that he's not some high omniscient being that we should worship to be good. He is just a very great man with some very great teachings who is well respected in this day. He doesn't propose commandments, instead he suggests ways of living to help create a more fulfilling life. I believe in that.

6. PDPoole profile image74
    PDPooleposted 3 years ago

I have no reason at all to disbelieve in the historical person we call "Buddha",,,There is a VAST array of evidences that support his existence ( such as the Ashoka Edicts...the Sangha itself ( the community of fellow believers) is evidence of his work.
      I do not have any belief or faith in "mystical or magical"..I love  Thai artistry of all kinds including the creation of many objects of reverence.