jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Adherence to religion is useless if you hate guys alien to your faith. Am I righ

1. Harishprasad profile image81
    Harishprasadposted 4 years ago

Adherence to religion is useless if you hate guys alien to your faith. Am I right ?

This is just a thought, no offence to any religion in my mind.

2. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 4 years ago

Yes, you are right because in the spirit realm, there is no religion, churches, mosques, shrines, caverns, etc. All there is is LIGHT, LOVE and LEARNING (LLL).
    Religions, in this life are mere scribles trying to describe spirit activities beyond our physical awarenes
    So, if you find yourself in one, demonstrate and practice love as much as posible.

Harishprasadposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Micadeolu. Only a free bird and a real seeker of knowledge can utter words like as in your brilliant response. You are really out of cage, my dear soul.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

Why go outside a religion? Even within a religion, people have enough reasons to hate others belonging to another sub-sect within the religion!

This is really unfortunate. Dear C.V., while going through some questions and answers, I came across an statement that '' religion is for man and not for God'' . How true. The whole edifice of religions is nothing before God, even a flower shows it.

4. jstfishinman profile image65
    jstfishinmanposted 4 years ago

I am not sure when it happened, but at some point our society decided that disagreement was hate. We used to be able to agree to disagree and stay friends.
    If we didn' t love our belief, more than another belief system, why believe at all.
    Loving anyone has to be a choice to find similarities, in the midst of our differences.
    I have had wonderful spiritual talks with people from other faiths, for the simple reason that I choose to focus on our spiritualism not our differences.
    I may believe in my faith. I may think they are wrong. But we both believe in something bigger than either one of us.

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 4 years ago

You are right, no person can serve God and hate

Yes,Deborah. This is the first step towards a great journey to know the essence of God. If we are not able to wipe out differences as being
      humans,how can we perceive that which is beyond attributes and creators of everything. Thanks for commenting.

6. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

The purpose of religion is to reawaken the true, spiritual self. This cannot be done if one possesses hate or attitudes of separateness (ego).

So, yes, hating outsiders of any form debilitates the purpose of religion. It is, in effect, walking in the opposite direction.

So many Christians, for instance, follow ego instead of Christ, but don't realize it, because they're being so egotistical. Ego is blindness.

lone77star, your response shows that you have gained a perfect insight to perceive God. Thank you very much.

working