jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Do you Believe in God and Miracles ?

1. techgossip profile image81
    techgossipposted 4 years ago

2. profile image57
    Jay Ravikumarposted 4 years ago

S I do! Miracles can be felt only if it happens to you! When you are screwed, frustrated, left alone, the miracle happens! Its you who makes it happen...

God supreme power!  If you feel your mother's love, you feel him! If you shed tears for others, you can feel him! If you smile for other's happiness, you praise him! Look into yourself!

3. Jasmeetk profile image82
    Jasmeetkposted 4 years ago

I believe in God. If you believe then you can share your heart feelings with God. You can ask him and believe that he will solve your problems. If you believe, for sure he will smile
    Even I would say it is good to believe in god smile

4. Paul K Francis profile image81
    Paul K Francisposted 4 years ago

I believe in God and miracles but I also believe in science. Most things that happen have natutal explanations,  yet can still be seen as miracles because they did happen, perhaps against the odds. Its like the guy says, 'One thing I do know, I was blind and now I see.'

1. profile image0
      Mark Knolesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!

5. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

In my mind, miracles are a game of statistics. If 100 pianos fall from a rooftop and crush 99 men, but miss the 100th man, is that a miracle? The last man will certainly think it was a miracle and he will tell others about the miraculous thing that happened to him. His story will then spread and become a tale of inspiration, while the other 99 stories of 'bad luck' will be forgotten. Obviously falling pianos aren't terribly common, but considering how much danger humans are in each and every day, it makes sense that some will narrowly escape certain doom. The presence of these stories doesn't really prove anything other than luck.

And, while many make claims of seeing angels or bright lights, it's entirely unverifiable. Not to mention human memory is incredibly unreliable and, when put under duress, our brains do a lot of crazy things. Some people might think that god is the easier answer, but I contend that, if miracles were evidence of god, it would paint him as a villain, indiscriminately dealing out punishments and praise, not a savior.

1. lone77star profile image84
      lone77starposted 4 years agoin reply to this

And things like walking on water are the freak of nature where all the water molecules decide to push upward in unison. I've seen similar miracles in my own life. No accident, those.

6. profile image0
    Mark Knolesposted 4 years ago

I now believe in God and miracles. If one looks around, the beauty of Him is all around us in the mountains, the rivers, the majestic forests, and all of his people in the world. If we all followed his message, we can make this world a better place.

7. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

No, I don't believe in God in Miracles.

I know that God and Miracles exist. There is a big difference between "belief" and "know."

Miracles come in two varieties -- Ordinary events which evoke awe, and extraordinary events which are cause-and-effect coincidences.

The second type require perfect confidence and utter humility.

working