jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

How long do you sit at the computer each day?

1. jonnycomelately profile image82
    jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago

How long do you sit at the computer each day?

If you are in one of the Religion and Philosophy forums, how long do you spend at the computer/smart phone each day?

2. Health Reports profile image95
    Health Reportsposted 4 years ago

I am not in a religious or philosophy forum, but I do spend a significant amount of time in front of a computer each day. I would say, allowing for short breaks, 8-10 hours a day.  I am starting to go numb lol.

3. profile image58
    Mithlesh348posted 4 years ago

I am not into any such forums, but I would say, I spend almost more than 9 hours in front of computer. Sometimes I feel like its gonna make me blind. But what to do !

I take short breaks there and then !

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

I spend around 3 to 4 hours each day. There are so many other important things to do in the Real world, which are unavoidable.

5. profile image52
    MerneyDenposted 4 years ago

For the work Required, I  sit at the computer at least 7 hours. Besides, when I get off work, I always online, so l almost sit at the computer 8-10 hours.

6. jonnycomelately profile image82
    jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago

These are interesting answers but not surprising.   I have noted people in recent forums making numerous posts within a day/night. 

Has anyone given him/her self time to consider the health risks associated with such long periods sitting in front of a computer?  Do those risks worry you?

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image75
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years agoin reply to this

One of the practices the ancient Taoists would perform is to look straight ahead and use your peripheral vision to observe an object. It would also help if the person would get up and walk around, detracting one's self from the monitor..

7. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 4 years ago

Sometimes more hours than others.  I try to never spend more than 7 hours in  a day as I get sore eyes if I'm on too long. Plus I have other responsibilities to take care of too.

8. moonfroth profile image73
    moonfrothposted 4 years ago

I'm a writer, and I do most of my composing, planning, editing.....whatever, on my computer.  I haven't tracked it lately, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was on the thing 8 to (sometimes!) 12 hrs. a day.  Ye gods, Jonny!  Is there a LIFE out there?  Fine wine?  Stimulating conversation?  Food?  Sex?  Exerci......SEX!  I dimly remember that!   Man!  .......gotta make some changes here.......!!

1. jonnycomelately profile image82
      jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just realise how those fingers of yours get so much exercise.  Think what else they could useful for. 
      Greetings Moonfroth.

9. kerlund74 profile image80
    kerlund74posted 4 years ago

7 hours at work... And 3 hours in the evening. A bit to much;)

10. TwerkZerker profile image89
    TwerkZerkerposted 3 years ago

I can never stand to spend much time in one sitting in the R&S forums--maybe an hour, tops. It's like walking into a room that smells like rotten eggs and seeing how long you can hold your breath before you vomit. Usually I get frustrated by the [admittedly nonsensical] things people [often] post in that forum.

Already today, I've encountered several needless and incendiary comments directed at atheists form Christians, more directed at Christians from atheists, and I've been told by two others that somehow other peoples' choices to observe historically pagan traditions on a given holiday somehow invalidates my Christian faith.

*facepalm*
    *facepalm*
    *facepalm*

Sometimes I wonder if I only ever glance around in R&S because I'm a masochist.

11. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image75
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years ago

My answer to your question will differ from what you had expected. First of all I am not on the computer on a daily basis. There is no time in my schedule for that. Second of all, I do not own a smart phone. I refer to my cell phone as being "stupid". When I am on the computer, it is like I am a child in a candy store. Lately I have been into scanning my doodles and older photographs. Since my nature is creative, I enjoy using special effects to alter these images. Luckily I have an imaging center on my hard drive. Creativity can go a long way when it concerns not only artistry but practicality as well.

12. Chauncey St Clair profile image59
    Chauncey St Clairposted 3 years ago

I plead the 5th! ;-) Seriously, too long, if using my smartphone qualifies as a computer as well.  I'm making it a point to go running for a few miles to ensure that I get the blood circulating.

working