jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

We hear daily to obey God. What are you actually doing when you are obeying God

1. Ronald Bachner profile image82
    Ronald Bachnerposted 4 years ago

We hear daily to obey God.  What are you actually doing when you are obeying God or the will of God?

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image81
    wba108@yahoo.composted 4 years ago

We hear God first for relationship, with obedience as a fruit of that relationship. Obeying God has more to do with attitude than obeying specific directives-“in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” or "rejoice always".
    The big picture will of God has to do with the Lord’s prayer-“thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven”. And what is free to operate in heaven? –“Wholeness, health, restored relationships and dreams fulfilled”. What is not free to operate?  “Sickness, depression, pain, poverty and strife”. So it’s God’s will for us to be conduits to bring heavens reality to the earthly or fleshly realm. The realm now controlled by the Devil.
    Another part of God’s big picture will is to- “Destroy the works of the Devil”. We do this as we bring God’s superior reality (the kingdom) to replace the devil’s inferior reality (darkness).
    God’s command for empowering us to do His will says.-“to walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.” We don’t pull ourselves up by our bootstraps to do God’s will, it’s impossible. We are empowered to do His will by allowing ourselves to follow God as we walk in close relationship with Him. This is called-“walking in the Spirit.” This is where “His Yoke is easy and His burden is light”.

Ronald Bachnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Wba for your reply to my question regarding your views.  It is much appreciated.  It is a phrase we hear daily depending on who is speaking and I have no doublt it means something different for each of us.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

A very nice question, Ronald. Whether or not you will like my answer, I do not know.

There is an inner voice that talks to us constantly. A life of prayer both interior and vocal, will make this voice stronger. A life of spiritual practice to include singing, scriptural reading, correct friendship, gratitude, purity and meditation will make it even stronger. This has been my experience.

Grace will flow into a receptive vehicle, and guide it accordingly. So for instance, you will find yourself suddenly dropping old habits or negative friends; loving humans more, and letting go of narrow ideas, for a broader life of love. Here, as you progress, the need for serving your brother and sister: mankind, will most certainly increase, and in you meditations you will feel pure love for them.

Enmity and sorrow will drop away and you will find that all beings reflect God and are in fact made in the image of Spirit. So what do you do?
    1. have an intense faith in Something Higher.
    2.Pray and meditate. Perform spiritual practices. Read uplifting books.
    3. serve and never be tired of serving.
    4. Follow the above three and Grace will teach you how. Much love.

Ronald Bachnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Manatita44.  There is no wrong answer here.  The question was asked as many preachers have numerous answers. I myself while I try to follow the will of God as I have learned wondered what other think.  May God guide you in your daily life.

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

You seem to be moving in a worthy direction. Cry with yearning in the heart. Grace will teach you all you need to know.

Closed to reply

working