jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What kind of warrior are you?

1. chipped teacup profile image92
    chipped teacupposted 3 years ago

What kind of warrior are you?

"Continue your training for the moment that you are called up to defend everything you believe is sacred." -Justin Wolfer

2. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 3 years ago

It would be that scene/song from Monty' Python:

The Tale of Sir Robin: So -  each of the knights went their separate ways. Sir Robin rode north, through the dark forest of Ewing Accompanied by his favorite minstrels ........

♬ ♫♯♪

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

I like this question. Today, I am a warrior who gardens. Having written a few short stories with that thought as a theme I always began the story with the conflict - present day setting, science fiction, or near medieval days. Then the setting changes to the central protagonist is gardening and dignitaries arrive who he knows. They are seeking his help because of a unique skill - sniper, pilot, or knowledge of magic.

So, today, the warrior theme is much more orientated to being a veteran of many wars now passed, having a disdain for conflicts being fought, and being faced with deciding using unique skills for good of the common welfare of a land of people. Interesting plot themes can grow from that. The warrior protagonist essentially does not choose a side and only acts through loyalty first to his immediate community ties and then patriotism to the land for surviving no matter the aggressor.

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Currently, I am a "logic" warrior, but I'm also becoming on of "Faith," too.

Logic can be used in spiritual things and faith can be used in physical things. Learning both is essential to ultimate mastery.

Rod Martin, Jr.
    http://tharsishighlands.com/books/thebi … m_noah.php