jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Can the dead really live again?

1. DeepThought258238 profile image71
    DeepThought258238posted 3 years ago

Can the dead really live again?

What would you say?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8890197_f260.jpg

2. Ceegen profile image81
    Ceegenposted 3 years ago

Heaven or hell, there is no in between, but the physical body will no longer be needed.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

We are spirits having a human experience. A spirit never dies!

4. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 3 years ago

I would say, are the dead really dead? I'm not going to pretend that I have the all eternal and knowing answer to life and death but simple science has to raise the question....do we ever really die?

Elementary science teaches us that energy can never be created or destroyed, only transferred/transformed. That same class also teaches us that there are enormous amounts of energy in one's body. That said, how can we ever really die? Doesn't some part of us continue to live on in someway?

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I agree with the Christian perspective. The dead are not really dead. Only the physical body is dead, but the spirit lives on.

6. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Dead bodies? Raised from the grave? God can do anything. It's His universe.

But the "dead" do live again all the time. It's called reincarnation.

The body is not the real person, but a temporary vessel for the immortal, spiritual self. The mind and identity of the current human "self" is isolated from all other incarnations by a forgetting, but this is part of God's purpose for our spiritual learning. It helps in developing our humility.

Most people do not remember their past lives. I have remembered hundreds, some more than others. The most vivid was 11,633 years ago. I was a female warrior and scientist. I led a band of refugees after the destruction of our homeland from tectonic stress. Those stresses were caused naturally, because the island was on a tectonic plate boundary and subject to regular earthquakes. But it was also subject to isostatic tectonic adjustment -- reverse plate rebound. You see, this was at the end of the last Ice Age glaciation and both sides of the island were rebounding, so something had to go down to compensate for America and Europe going up. Atlantis was the weakest link.

Suffering each lifetime is frequently the result of living by the sword (or whatever other instrument of destruction we may have chosen) in a prior life. Each suffering is an opportunity to pay old debts and to help us awaken spiritually if we are grateful.

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 3 years ago

The bible refers to death as sleep because the spirit lives on and is conscious. This consciousness raises the body back to life. Yes, the dead can live again
    Psalm 13:3
    Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
    John 11:13
    Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.

8. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

It can be said that things 'die' only to rise again, from the mineral life to the plant, animal and human life. It is an endless or transcendent evolution.

Through it al the Soul is alive and constantly in touch with its Source. Re-incarnation exists for the growth and development of the Soul, until its desire is burnt out and it finds its way Home.

9. DeepThought258238 profile image71
    DeepThought258238posted 3 years ago

http://deepthought258238.hubpages.com/h … n-of-death

I encourage anyone interested to read the article above.

working