Do you believe in God?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. kumarlaltu profile image73
    kumarlaltuposted 4 years ago

Do you believe in God?

Most of the population in the world are superstitious and optimistic in their distinctive point of views.It adds feathers to the wings of belief that most of the people are driven by.Likewise you can say if any natural calamity takes place,then people blame god for this or tends to frame up an idea that may be there is some serious battle going on between god's in heaven.You can also take an example from real life,whenever we fail to do something or something bad is happening with us then our instincts grasps an idea that God is not kind to me,god must have done this.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9077394_f260.jpg

2. Sky321 profile image76
    Sky321posted 4 years ago

Yes, I believe in God and I think that you are correct in your thinking that most people tend to blame God for things.  I guess we just don't always know His purpose and if people's faith is weak than they automatically will think that God isn't kind to them.

kumarlaltuposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great depth thinking and understanding.God is everywhere,god is in our faith,god is in will,god is in our positive thinking,god is the energy that guides us through the thick and thorn phase of life.

3. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 4 years ago

I believe in God and I believe that he always loves us and always is kind. He always does what's best for us even though we might not like it at the moment.

kumarlaltuposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes because in the end everything will be sorted out.

2. Penny G profile image72
      Penny Gposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What a surprise for those non believers when the end comes. I'm ready for that happy day we'll go home. See you there Snowman.

4. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

Yes, I do believe in God, but I don't blame Him for bad things that happen on earth. I believe that those who don't believe in God will be given every chance and hope they will believe in Him too.

5. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 4 years ago

Free will explains a lot of this. God does not provide the perfect life, then what would be the purpose of the God plan for us. No one would have to choose for themselves. Sometimes a wake up call to restore faith is needed.We get too comfortable, and aren't moving forward with his work, it's not all about us, it's about everyone.

6. Alyson Modlin profile image74
    Alyson Modlinposted 4 years ago

To combat all of these believers, I do not believe in a god of any kind. I believe Man created God in his image to help explain the unexplainable. We are all made of energy; the elements of the stars. We are of the same energy, and when we put good energy into the world, it attracts good energy. Call it "Karma" if you wish, but I cannot sit here and say that "God does the best for me" because that is simply not true. If there was a god looking out for everyone, then he would not let little girls get molested, he would feed the starving, and take down corporatism. To say it is all "free will" or "God's will" is ridiculous. A true, loving god would not let these things happen, regardless of so called "free will." I doubt those little girls and starving children chose to be abused.

Also, I will not be pacified with an empty promise of a heaven that I will not even get to enjoy until my one and only life is over. We get one chance to make a difference, and we can do it without fearing a god or the devil.

7. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

The universe exists, therefore He IS.

I don't believe in God. I know God exists. Big difference -- the kind of difference that distinguishes the ability to walk on water and the tendency to sink like a stone.

Blame is an ego thing. Being at one with God is to be loving and entirely responsible -- never blaming, and never being self-concerned.

8. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

I do believe in a force or a spirit like a guardian, but not as a physical person of a He or a She.  This energy helps us to make up the experiences that we want to have and learn or have fun with in this physical body.  It does not care that we go by a set of laws as in a book.  It only gives us consequences to our thoughts and action so that we may learn those consequences with our choices.  There are no good ones and there are no bad ones according to someone else's views.  It is all within us and all abut our own learning through others and vice versa.  We are all part of one.  We all come here to experience.  When we are not in the body (and we choose that and our relations and what we are come to learn) we can see and hear, but we cannot experience the things that only the body can, such as taste, touch and emotions.  That is why we come here.  This "God" as some say is not this overbearing ruling, controlling "individual" that others can only comprehend it to be according to doctrine or dogma.  The only true God is ourselves.  The Universe or the "God" of a book that is not complete, is something that is outside of ourselves and many use that to control us.  Get out of the Church and truly know and understand what we create and begin to understand that it is us who are to blame for our thoughts and what we create and what we want to experience.

9. JustinWd profile image60
    JustinWdposted 4 years ago

Nope. Every 'God' ever was invented by man to explain what was at the time unexplainable. But through the scientific method, nearly every one of those issues has been explained and, although, this one hasn't been "proven" there has been enough evidence to make a completely informed decision toward the contrary. No. There is no god.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)