Explain Creation without a Creator

Jump to Last Post 51-84 of 84 discussions (381 posts)
  1. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Q said,... "The origin of our universe is mere speculation at this point in time. The origin of life has evidence and is no longer just speculation."

Show me the proof for the origin of life. No such proof exists Q. If it does, produce it.

The "one",... more semantics, without the answers or even an attempt. Because you don't know and niether does science.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm often in amazement at the things people claim I say that I never said, especially when those words are right in front of them.

Where, Mr. TMMason, did I claim I had the "proof for the origin of life"?

Btw, there's no need to apologize for making such a glaring error. We'll just right it off as a Mulligan.

Do you know?

TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Proof or evidence, show it to me. Science has no evidence or proof Q. They simply guess, because the observe things they don't understand to begin with.

And then science makes wild assuptions, based on that faulty knowledge, that they then scream over and over, and finally, they think it is fact.

That is called sheer specultaion.

You knew what I meant, and still no answer. Just stating others are wrong, and your right. Although you never answer anything, and I have yet to see anything to support what you say.

Funny.

You said,... "The origin of life has evidence and is no longer just speculation."

That infers it is ?... What Q ?... What is it if not speculation?

It is not fact.

1. profile image54

It's interesting to see theists who deny science when all the things they take for granted were provided by science. Yes, it was sheer guesswork bringing computers and internet connections to your home. Or, perhaps it was your invisible god?

The evidence that science has is clearly well beyond your feeble ability to understand as it does not include scriptures for you to believe. Sorry.

Yes, it must have been sheer speculation that brought the medicines to keep you and your family alive and well, amongst a host of other things that have kept you separate from cave dwelling.

Not really, you often ramble excessively with little or no thought in your rant.

Why do you lie?

And, that is something completely different than what you said I claimed.

It was a bold faced lie on your part.

Yes, it is a fact that you lied.

2. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

God created it, humans evolved it

3. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Marine: The basic definition of a creator is someone that makes or creates something.

Q: Someone? Who is that someone, exactly?

Or, am I free to substitute a someone myself? I can therefore chose the someone in your definition to be an invisible, pink dragon that created the universe in a sneeze, or the someone is a Brhama who splits a lotus flower thus creating the universe, or any of a thousand versions of creationism one wishes to conjure or believe.

What do you mean who is that someone? The one that creates what is created. I think someone or someone's could have created the universe. You are right, you can create anything or anyone to believe in, thats how belief works. Why are you alluding that I have to believe in a specific idea of a creator to believe the possibility of creation? Is that how your science works, all or nothing?

Marine: How am I trying to bait someone for stating the logical and obvious?

Q: Stating the vague and generalized is not the same as stating the logical and obvious. There is little of either in your premise.

lol How is there little logic in my premise when you can't name any man made objects that aren't created? My premise is the possibility of creation, looks pretty possible to me. What have I made up so far that is an assumption? Why have none of you explained how creation happens without a creator?

4. marinealways24 profile image60

MA:How are you not limiting thought if you keep ruling things out? Do you limit your mind to science book definitions? You think because something hasn't been shown to exist means it will never be shown to exist? Is this logical thinking to you?

Q: With a little forethought and a few sprinkles of logic, you could easily answer those questions yourself. Oh well...

1. Logic would dictate that if you don't rule out any one particular invisible and undetectable entity, you must include any and all invisible and undetectable entities that can be conjured from the imagination.

2. As opposed to made up definitions?

3. When you or anyone else can demonstrate their existence claims of those invisible and undetectable entities, we can then have the conversation of including them in our definitions of the universe. If you don't understand why, see answer to question 1.

4. Logical thinking does not include wishy-washy hand-waving, making up definitions or excluding them altogether, withdrawing to mongering the mysterious, the magical, the myth or the  superstition. It is a system of reasoning.

MA: lol, find where I said I rule anything out and quote me on that. What is my made up definitions? lol, you are talking about ruling out possibility of creation because there is no specific idea of a creator and physical evidence everyone is in agreement with? What is your definition of how the universe came into existence and why it should be believed by everyone?

5. TMMason profile image60

You know the German born, American Astrophysicist and Nobel Laureate, Arno Penzia, stated,... "The best data we have concerning the big bang and my conclusions, are exactly as I would have predicted, had I nothing to go on but the five books of Moses, the psalms, and the bible as a whole."

That is honest and very telling, about what the state of science is, and has been. I am glad there were and are, some scientists in the fields, who possess integrity.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't you mean you are glad that some scientists were indoctrinated into religion at an early age?
      lol

Big bang,... "let there be light". ?... sorta sounds alike to me. Maybe he just knew a lil more than you earnest.

No dis-respect intended, please don't take it the wrong way. I am just saying he is a smart and honest man.

He spoke it as he saw it. I see no fault in that.

The guy is a renown scientist who's religious background eventually led him to believe a lot of bunk, and castes a shadow over his wonderful work as a brilliant scientist.
          The conclusion he drew in relation to what happened before the big bang makes him a scientific laughing stock and resulted in him being blacklisted by no less than Iowa State. smile

Next time you call someone dumbassed, just say it straight ok?

If I wanted to call you a dumbass, I would. I will clearify though, I don't believe your half as smart as him. okay?

second. Being black-listed by the so called "scientific community" is not a bad thing.

Just think about all the reknowned scientist who are ignored in regards to global warming by the, "scientific community". Of course they all dis-agree with the lunitic fringe of science.

So it is to be expected.

Nope. Not such a bad thing.

And you don't understand what is being said so let me clearify that also.

He is not making a conclusion about things which occured before the big bang.

He is saying; That with the data they have. One can reach no more of an informed opinion, nor does that opinion of the way the big bang happened, differ much in the way they, science and the bible, both see it as.

Again; The "BIG BANG". -Vs- "LET THERE BE LIGHT" Both infer an explosion of energies and the dispersment of matter into a void.

Sound alike to me.

The lunatic fringe you speak of makes up about 90% of scientists, you do not know the background of this man, and as a religionist you will not care to know.
              I gave due credit and never compared myself to him.
              Should I say you are not half as smart as Lawrence Krauss?

That BS. (90% of scientist do not believe in man Made Global Warming). Do you guys ever speak in facts.

And

He, Arno Penzia, is not making a conclusion about things which occured before the big bang.

He is saying; That with the data they have. One can reach no more of an informed opinion, nor does that opinion of the way the big bang happened, differ much in the way they, science and the bible, both see it as.

Again; The "BIG BANG". -Vs- "LET THERE BE LIGHT" Both infer an explosion of energies and the dispersment of matter into a void.

Sound alike to me.

And sure, feel free to compare my knowledge, or lack there-of, to anyone.

And don't presume to know what I know about who.

Read again, his nonsense about a pre existing something (the creator) is a nonsense as I have stated.
                  Who are "you guys?"
                  As for what the bible says, it says something different to many people apparently and the long bow drawn by religionists to come to this conclusion is just the usual use of the bible... make it say whatever you like. Easy isn't it.
                  I had a religious friend once who knew the bible in three languages and had a full religious libray at home. He was very smart. His bible told him to buy an exotic car for himself, because he couldn't justify it otherwise, so I get how it works.

2. profile image54

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. "

So, according to you, the Big Bang is the opposite of Night? Hilarious. The intellectually dishonest rarely demonstrate integrity in their works.

1. profile image0
                Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very little here could be called "works."  Mostly all this could be titled 'spew' meeting some psychological need for the participant.

1. profile image54

What was your psychological need for participating?

1. marinealways24 profile image60
                    marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is your psychological need for not believing in possibility of creation?

2. profile image0
                    Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  Don't think I haven't analyzed it.  I'd say a modicum of stress relief...  Also, it is something of a spectator sport for me.  I find I'm becoming very Samuel Clemmons towards the end of his life reading these boards, but somewhat in disbelief at the same time, because I'm too young for that.

Also, this particular forum has had a couple intelligent posters of late that have been interesting to read.

2. profile image54

It has nothing at all to do with the state of science and everything to do with the fact that Penzia did not make that prediction, as he clearly said he "would have" predicted.

It's very sad you have to be so intellectually dishonest, TMMason.

He, WOULD HAVE, predicted exactly the same thing if he had NO SCIENCE at his disposal.

That is what he said.

Without science one can come to the exact conclusion that science has. And one can do this with only the Bible. So science has progressed how far in that area? Seems to me he is saying, they just caught up.

You need to read slower, so as to grasp the fact of what he is saying.

Without science and all its benifits, he would have come to the same conclusion.

That is simple to understand. No intellectual dis-honesty there Q. Your the one trying to be dis-honest.

2. profile image54

He didn't make the prediction in the first place. In fact, he had no idea what he had discovered. 

The Belgian Monsignor Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître predicted a 'primeval atom' which he claimed was what happened in the creation of the universe, which then came the coined phrase "Big Bang".

You'll find that Lemaitre used Einsteins theories of Gravitation to make his prediction and did not use the bible or make reference to it in his prediction.

Lemaitre never claimed "Let there be Light" was the equivalent biblical version of the Big Bang.

1. ronjer1 profile image59
            ronjer1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lemaitre was a catholic priest who wanted to marry creationism with science and scientifically prove god's existence.
            And he was very successful, as the primeval atom is indeed the spirit of god, and all the idiots of science bought it.
            anybody who claims to be an atheist or a scientist that believes in the big bang is indeed a creationist theist.
            relativity is another religion the idiots of science believe in today. they are all stupid relativists.

1. profile image54

A "primeval atom" has never been discovered. Sorry.

Isn't that a contradiction?

Ah, we find yet another who makes claims to refuting scientific theories without having a clue about them. Perhaps, you can stand outside any particle accelerating facility and shout your ignorance to those inside who confirm the results of relativity every day. Then, you throw away (if you bought one) the GPS unit that MUST take relativity into consideration or it simply will not work.

Yes, tell us all about how stupid and idiotic relativity is...

1. ronjer1 profile image59
                ronjer1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

whats the contradiction Q? the big bang is an explosion that was mediated by the creator.
                explosions dont happen by themselves, nomatter what anybody says. the bb is creationism at its finest.
                you don't want to admit it, but you believe in the god of the big bang, you are a creationist.
                there isnt any particles in the universe. how does a light particle explain ray reversibility? For instance, how can a discrete photon particle leave the earth, travel 1 light sec to the moon and another 1 sec back to earth along warped space and arrive at the *exact* point it left?
                how do graviton particles make the pen fall to the floor? why dont they push the pen to the ceiling when they bombard it?
                nobody can explain any of this stuff with the religion of particles & relativity. epic fail.
                The gps time has also been debunked by science since observed effect of velocity on the GPS clocks contradicts the predictions of SR.

6. marinealways24 profile image60

I think different individuals having different beliefs adds to part of the natural balance of the world. I think if all believed the same, things would be unbalanced.

7. TimTurner profile image70
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

It boggles my mind how people can believe that a wizard in the sky just snapped his fingers to create everything and NOT billions and billions of years of evolution.

We can't even fathom a billion years and the universe is about 20 billion years old.

Wizard or billions of years?

Use logic folks! smile

The universe is about 14.5 billion years old man. Not 20. And evolution is a theory, along with all the other wishes scientists have.

Then maybe you should compare scientific method with the "method" used to believe in a god?

2. profile image54

"Wishes" that have kept you and yours out of a cave. Hate science and scientists, do you TMMason? Why do you then have a computer, an internet connection and all the other things that the "wishes" of science have brought you, my dear hypocrite in denial?

2. marinealways24 profile image60

You use faith as much as anyone else does "folk". You have faith that you are logical. lol

8. TMMason profile image60

yeah earnest.

9. TMMason profile image60

You guys are funny.

You don't get the simplicity of the statement.

It came to the same in the end. You haven't moved any further on the matter since. So you know no more than the rest of us.

funny.

10. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Scientists are not necessarily smarter or less smart as anyone else.  They, some of them, are very good at their profession.  Their job is to observe nature. Sometimes they can mimic nature. Sometimes they can replicate nature. Sometimes they become aware when they have made false analysis and prognosis.  The realms of the physical and Science have merged. When they learn HOW to understand the spiritual aspect and learn how to unite the trinity "Then" we will see major improvement.
       If we do not bow ourselves up first.

11. profile image52
    Ramesh140043posted 14 years ago

We can explain every specie with evolution but when it comes to intelligence of a human, there has to be creator behind it.

Ramesh.

You cannot explain every species on earth. They have no Idea where all the life from the Cambrian explosion came from. So how can you explain it, when you cannot explain it?

I don't think so.

1. profile image54

Perhaps, it's best then that you give up all your worldly conveniences, grab your copy of the bible and go live in a cave where you can turn to scriptures for answers when those answers haven't been handed to you on a silver platter.

More name cvalling in defense of a lie.

Wouldn't it be easier to say: No, we cannot state with any accuracy or certainty where 96% of the life forms present on the earth came from. And there-fore we do not know the exact origin of the species now occupying the earth.

But no! That might invole some honesty.

lololol You guys just don't care what lie you tell and who knows your lying.

Admitt it!!!...

Whats the matter Q.

No response?

Cannot prove we know where all that life came from?

No you cannot, because we do not.

And where would you come up with the big bang being the opposite of nite. Another thing you claim I said and I did not. Keep stacking the deciet. It is getting deep.

1. profile image54

Then, I am forced to kneel to he who hath vanquished me as I failed to live up to the expectations of the inquiring mind.

Yay verily, I shall immediately take up a vow of monkshood and live the rest of my days in shame and humility, forever wandering alone destined to a fate of biblical reprise and proportions.

I thought it was as clear as the bible states light to be right here in Genesis:

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night."

You said light and the big bang sounded like the same thing.

2. profile image54

What name cvalling, exactly?

Perhaps, but isn't the version of the origin of species you want to hear from gospels and not science?  Why would something like that concern you if you believe in biblical creationism?

By using the scientific method, shouldn't we also be making hypotheses based on the observations and evidence? Following that, shouldn't we also then be entertaining those hypotheses using the evidence at hand?

If simply making admissions warrants a deep satisfaction for you, they are free and easy to acquire.

Again you act like your the shit but your just hot air.

Show me where evolution proves, where all the species on earth come from.

Prove it. You cannot so attack me again.

lolol That proves my point. It is a fact that we do not know, as I stated above.

And I have asked a 100 time for you to state how it began. Your "version" of it. As you see it.

1. profile image54

Prove to me your god exists?

Notice how we come to odds when attempting to "prove" something?

Here's a general definition that you're free to refute as you see fit:

"In biology, evolution is change in the genetic material of a population of organisms through successive generations. Although the changes produced in a single generation are normally small, the accumulation of these differences over time can cause substantial changes in a population, a process that can result in the emergence of new species. Similarities among species suggest that all known species descended from a common ancestor (or ancestral gene pool) through this process of gradual divergence."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

I understand it exactly as the above defines it.

lol, Your belief and faith is defined by wikipedia?

lololol I don't use wike, and neither do I state theoiries are fact as you do.

And that, your belief, is a THEORY, NOT FACT, which is the entire point.

The lies spoken to make theory a fact.

It is a Theory,... the THEORY OF EVOLUTION.

Get it! It is after all simple.

2. profile image54

I'm not sure if this was ever pointed out to you, but the magnitude of ignorance in your questions is only equaled by the staggering inanity of their content and your lack of reading comprehension skills.

12. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

lol

13. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Without the "Creator", you can't.

Exactly.

14. Bovine Currency profile image60

There is no creator.  There was no beginning.

How did life begin if there was no beginning, magic? lol

2. Bovine Currency profile image60

Life?

What sort of life are we talking about?

Any life. The beginning of life.

3. Bovine Currency profile image60

OK.  Marine, did the Earth begin?

I think so. Did you begin?

1. Bovine Currency profile image60
          Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Earth is one thing I am entirely different.

You think the earth began.  How did the earth begin?

I think it was began by whatever caused it to begin. The theory is the big bang. How did the big bang begin? What life doesn't begin? What created the particles that collided to begin the theoritical existence?

So you have no answer.  As I expected.

'The' theory? 

Do you have any original thought?

BC. Are not all your answers to the question at hand theories also?

No.

So what is your answer?

It was not a complicated question.

2. marinealways24 profile image60

lol Like you know about original thought. I have yet to see you write any besides questions and answers you have from your "Oxford dictionary" and science books. I have no clue how life began, but I can't think of any life that isn't began or created.

4. BobLloyd profile image61
      BobLloydposted 14 years ago

What a giggle.  The question is to explain a teleological concept in terms of its original cause... hmm, anyone who can ask such a question can't understand my comment...

It's like asking the question "when did time start?" and rejecting the answer "at the beginning" because the assumption is that the "nothing" state can't exist.

How about explaining how biological molecules can become self-replicating through the RNA mechanism so that the innate chemical properties of the molecules themselves can lead the to evolution of DNA, the information carrier.  From then on, evolution drives the process.

And the only reason we can't apply the "spark of life" to our own chemical soups is that there is so much oxygen around now, that over the necessary timescales, oxidation breaks up the process.  Life isn't a mystery, it's a process.  And asking about creation only makes sense if you have deistic beliefs about origins.

During the replications, how are the mutations created for different sexes? Why do we need different sexes? If it was simply replication for new life, wouldn't we only need 1 sex?

2. TMMason profile image60

Show me the proof that we can create anything near life from scratch.

It doesn't exist, because we do not know how to create life from nothing. Or from what we have available for technology and knowledge.

There is a whole lot more than an oxygen issue in the way to us creating life. That doesn'tfly.

5. marinealways24 profile image60

I think there is a good reason that everyone has theory and no absolute answers of the universe. If that person had all the answers, they would likely have absolute power of what everyone else believes. Then there wouldn't be a natural balance of everyone believing different.

6. TMMason profile image60

Again, no proof. Just outlandish assertions that we can almost create life.

...and so, logically we should believe in a psychotic invisible friend who hates many of us and lives in "heaven?'
        That is a riot! lol

No Eanest.

That has nothing to do with the fact that there is no proof to say we can almost create life, never-mind that it is put forward, the only reason we cannot is an oxygen issue.

I did not say you or anyone else has to believe in anything.

But that doesn't mean anyone can claim the above.

How is that reply of mine telling you, to believe in anything.

He said we can almoist cereate life.

I said no we can not.

How does that translate to you have to believe in a God?

I'll leave you to work that out I think. smile

Thats because it doesn't translate to anything near it.

It is a fact that we cannot create life, nor have we ever, and that we do not know how to.

Or are you going to claim we could create life if not for an oxygen issue?

Do you actually think we have ever, or can now create life?

Again no proof. It cannot be done. Period. Doesn't mean there is a God.

Just that we cannot create life.

You don't need anyone to argue with today huh?
                You seem to be in control of your own little argument there, carry on.... smile

You amaze me.

You turn this into me saying God exists.

When I simply stated the truth of the matter. We cannot now, nor have we ever, created life.

And we do not know how to create life.

If you think we can. Then your not as smart as you think you are.

1. blue dog profile image60
                    blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

how about "breathtaking ignorance" instead?

maybe "islamic extremisms":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntEE9Zy- … re=related

1. profile image0
                      thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this
                    2. TMMason profile image60

huh. Another ignorant remark about Islam. How about that is Islam, (What I posted for a hub, and all I have posted in response to Islams claims, from from all you apologists.) talking about itself. You just cannot accept the facts.

It is amazing how I am responsible for the lies of Islam. I am just showing their Idea of Christ. And stating that Christ is, not my Christ.

Too bad if you cannot accept that fact.

7. profile image49
      Precious100posted 14 years ago

Behind every thought...There is a Creator!! Our Creator created Color. Look around you! Everything in sight has Color..where did it come from? Someone created it..What about the mountains? He spread it as a blanket. Who made the blades of grass? Did man do it? hhmm. Who created/made water? Did man do it? Who caused a dog to bark? Was it man? Who causes the sun to shine everyday?...Was it man? Who causes you to breath every breath? Is it man? Who caused you to walk?..Was it your parents? Who caused them to walk? Who formed you in the belly? Was it man? Who visited your bedside this morning; the still small voice that said, Wake up!..I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: Isaiah 45:5

1. profile image54

Who created the thousands of children who starve to death every day? Was it man or was it your Lord according to your logic?

1. profile image0

Sin, Corruption of man. Christians and other people give money and volunteer their time to help, not sit there and blame God(which you don’t believe in) like yourself. What are you doing? If evolution was true how can you judge the death of these children to be wrong? Survival of the fittest right? You’re reaching out for some objective standard that does not exist in your worldview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F8zEC4L2fs

1. profile image54

Yes, that's exactly the reason those who purport their gods created every single thing provide. Notice how it contradicts.

1. profile image0

That's right just ignore everything I stated to "prove" your "point".

1. profile image54

I just told you it's a contradiction, hence I didn't ignore it.

1. profile image0

Ahh but you did.

8. skyfire profile image78
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Explain how come god was created ?

1. profile image0

The Law of Causality.
        God is the uncaused cause. God is the uncreated, eternal One.

9. skyfire profile image78

Claim from ignorance and it is assumption.

1. profile image0

Ohh name-calling! I guess you win!

10. skyfire profile image78

escapism in excuse of name calling. Fair enough.

1. profile image0

Escapism? Ok you called me ignorant which implies you have the knowledge I "lack" please enlighten me.

11. TMMason profile image60

And I wasn't the one who stated we could create life if not for and oxygen Issue. lolol What BS you can take that lie up with the one who espoused it.

Show me where we ever have, or could now, create life. We cannot. Simple fact.

12. skyfire profile image78

What you "lack" will not change the fact that you made assumption in earlier reply. Do you have evidence for your claim that god is eternal ? If not, then your claim is from assumption and it shows your ignorance.

1. profile image0

Fact 1: The universe had a beginning

Fact 2: The Second Law of Thermodynamics is Fact

Fact 3: We would NOT be here if there was infinite regression of Causes.

Conclusion: There must be an uncaused cause.

You can either use logic to say nothing created everything(0+0=1), matter is eternal(disproved-entropy and the second law of Thermodynamics) or there is a uncaused caused created everything(proven through the Law of Causality) either way logic and faith are required. You can deny the facts, but it requires faith in atheism.

13. TMMason profile image60

I don't care about the PC vernacular which is an obsession to all politicians and liberals. You can call it what you want.

In the end it is truth. Islam stated what Christ is to them. the question then was: is that your christ.

That seems to be an issue you Atheists should not care about. So why bother to make remarks?

14. ecoggins profile image90
      ecogginsposted 14 years ago

Concerning the original question...

No doubt the existence of life itself is the greatest miracle of all. That life exists is self-evident, but how it exists is not necessarily so.

Since the beginning is a historical event that no human being was around to witness, whatever theory of the origin of life a person chooses to accept that person chooses to do so by faith.

I personally choose to believe in God and that he created all things. Can I prove that God exists? Not unless he reveals himself to me.

Has God revealed himself to me? I think he has revealed himself to all of us through the majesty of nature and the universe; through his word found in the Bible; and through his Son Jesus who taught us what sacrificial love is all about.

Can I explain where God comes from? no. Nor can Richard Dawkins prove where the original materials for the first atom or molecule came from. Each of us lives by faith and neither of us can prove how life exists out of nothing for it is beyond our human experience to understand such a thing.

If anyone can prove to me Jesus did not resurrect from the dead then I will stop believing that God created the universe. Funny how many have tried to do so and came out believing in Jesus, too.

1. profile image54

The majesty of nature and the universe are equally revealed by an invisible, flying pink dragon having sneezed the universe into existence, or the Bhrama who dissected a flower to create the universe, or leprechauns, if you wish.

Where are all the labels that state, "Made By God" in nature?

While Dawkins doesn't have to prove anything to the misinformed, he does understand our origins considering he is an evolutionary biologist. He can also intelligently postulate where god comes from.

Speak for yourself.

Let me get this straight. You want proof that people CAN'T be raised from the dead? Reading Shelley? Too many zombie movies, perhaps?

Funny isn't the word I'd use. Try replacing it with "It's insane"

1. ecoggins profile image90
          ecogginsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree that it is insane to try to disprove the existence of God; for he is self-evident no matter where you turn.

1. profile image54

Really? Which of the many, many gods that are purported to exist are self-evident? Allah? Zeus? Hendrix?

Or, is it just YOUR god that is self-evident? That would most certainly appear to be very convenient for you, yes?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
              mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is only one god and this cosmos is gods body, very much alive, one day you will feel it as well.smile

15. TMMason profile image60

Posatulates?

So he is guessing... lolol

And those "Evolutionary Biologists", are by definition living by faith.

As evolution dosn't prove where man comes from, as The origin of spiecies doesn't know where the spiecies come from, just like the Origin of the Universe is a faith based belief.

So everyone is guessing. NONE of US KNOW.

Main Entry: 1pos·tu·late
      Pronunciation: \ˈpäs-chə-ˌlāt\
      Function: transitive verb
      Inflected Form(s): pos·tu·lat·ed; pos·tu·lat·ing
      Etymology: Latin postulatus, past participle of postulare; akin to Latin poscere to ask, Old High German forscōn to search, Sanskrit pṛcchati he asks — more at pray
      Date: 1593
      1 : demand, claim
      2 a : TO ASSUME OR CLAIM AS TRUE, existent, or necessary : depend upon or start from the postulate of b : to assume as a postulate or axiom (as in logic or mathematics)
      — pos·tu·la·tion  \ˌpäs-chə-ˈlā-shən\ noun

— pos·tu·la·tion·al  \-shnəl, -shə-nəl\ adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/POSTULATE

1. profile image54

There you go. smile

16. TMMason profile image60

2 a : TO ASSUME OR CLAIM AS TRUE, existent, or necessary : depend upon or start from the postulate of b : to assume as a postulate or axiom (as in logic or mathematics)

There you go.

What is an assuption?

Do I need to post the definition of assumption, also?

I'll give you points for trying though.

17. TMMason profile image60

And I notice you never deny, or try to prove all those scientific theories, deserve such blind faith in their devotees, as you all tend to express.

Not even the we can create life, if not for an oxygen issue, theory. Yeah. That one was brilliant.lolo

18. marinealways24 profile image60

lol Why do some people hate being created? Does it make them feel powerless?

19. TMMason profile image60

I am out for the night. Have a good nite Q, everyone.

20. sabrinasirianni profile image62
      sabrinasirianniposted 14 years ago

Who created the creator, then, if that is the case?  Something can't come from nothing, although when you get into space time continuum arguments, or have read Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" it is hard to wrap your brain around the idea of nothingness.  Black holes, worm holes, the absence of space.  We as humans can't truly fathom it, because to envision something wouldn't be nothing.  Anyway, I've tackled ABHOT several times and it is no easy read, however, it makes  you re-evaluate life, and what it all means.  Where we come into play, and how absolutely tiny we are in comparison to the enormity of the universe.  It will put  your ego in check, if nothing else.

This is one of my issues with a lot of what I read. I see lot's of comparisons to us being nothing in the universe. How productive is it to think we don't matter in the universe? Sounds kinda depressing to me. So we might be physically small as an ant when looking at our physical size in the universe, does this mean people should think of themselves as nothing rather than something? I don't agree with science trying to compare our purpose, life, or size to the universe. Science can't and likely never will be able to define purpose and origin of existence as absolute.

21. dogluver1 profile image58
      dogluver1posted 14 years ago

The lord is the only way people set foot on earth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)