Humble yourselves.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image53
    arsmithposted 14 years ago

Humble yourselves.

Sexual relations of the unmarried, the unnatural, following false doctrine, pride, and vanity are some causes of trouble in a mans life.

Many have stated these same things and were delivered in due time by the Lord, after they hearkened unto the words of the Lord.

Many times we are lax in reading and studding the word of God, this results in an opening that Satan can enter and steal away the Lords words, this was stated clearly by Jesus.

Many Christians sin because of lack of knowledge, this brings about chastisement from the Lord, for He loves you.

We must all understand that many things that befall us in these perilous times are brought upon us by lack of understanding of the consequences of the willful sin. These sins come because of the lack of knowledge or false doctrine. These things are called being politically correct, not wanting to hurt someone else's feelings, or by not wanting to be called an outsider.

Jesus was not concerned with the way He was viewed, but was concerned that His failure would cause the loss of many souls for the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus came to deliver a message of hope, love and salvation to the Jews first and then the gentiles. Being politically correct was not on His mind.

Sometimes, we, as believers, must be shown the way with the chastisement of the Lord as stated here.

"To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus."(Final judgment.)

“Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.”

God does not these things to destroy, but rather to deliver. For the consequences of disobedience are dire, but the salvation is eternal. We are not chastised by God because He desires to make us an example to others, but rather to strengthen our resolve in the standing fast of our faith in Him.

“Holding faith, and a good conscience.”

Faith is to be held, otherwise it will become, as is stated, shipwrecked, meaning; A total desertion; a state of being forsaken.

“a good conscience”,

“Internal or self-knowledge, or judgment of right and wrong; or the faculty, power or principle within us, which decides on the lawfulness or unlawfulness of our own actions and affections, and instantly approves or condemns them. Conscience is called by some writers the moral sense, and considered as an original faculty of our nature.

Others question the propriety of considering conscience as a distinct faculty or principle. They consider it rather as the general principle of moral approbation or disapprobation, applied to ones own conduct and affections; alleging that our notions of right and wrong are not to be deduced from a single principle or faculty, but from various powers of the understanding and will.”

Our morality, and judgment of such, causes us to reject such things as are an a abomination to God. These things are prevelant in todays society. Homosexuality, same sex marriages, prostitution, blasphemy, adultery, removing the word Christmas from our vocabulary, and suchlike. We are called by our Lord to resist such changes within our lives, not accepting them but rather speaking out against them. Not as to hurt the feelings of others, but to warn them of the dire consequences of such acts concerning their soul.

Remember we are in the world, but not of the world.

By accepting these things we become partakers, of these things. Weather they are preformed by strangers or members of our own families.

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:”

This referring to a time that is acceptable to God.

We may have to suffer for a season, but the Lord never forgets us, nor forsakes us. Our suffering has a purpose, for by suffering it makes us stronger.

For as it is written;

“And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken(adhear to and accomplish.) unto the commandments(Laws of a good conscience, morallity,common sense.) of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:.”

No matter what befalls a believer in Christ, we shall be overcomers by the word. we shall prevail against the mockers, the enemies of the cross, the deviourer of our finances, and those that dispute our testimony of the truth.

“If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.”

There is no excuse for man not to know, nor abide by His word. We all know of God and His Christ but the question is, are we known by God?

“But who-so hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.” ars.

1Ti 1:19-20 1 Corinthians 5:5 1 Peter 5:6 (King James Version)Deuteronomy 28:13 Proverbs 1:33, Webster,TSK

1. JesusYourSavior profile image58
      JesusYourSaviorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn straight.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol
        lol lol lol lol lol lol
        lol lol lol lol lol lol
        lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are only 2 letters away from one of the greatest names on Hubpages.

I'll donate them.

s and e

Use them well.

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

ummmmmmmmmmmm....................

3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Someone needs sex urgently !!! lol
    the OP, I mean !! big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. docrehab profile image59
      docrehabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." Revelation 22:13-16

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And just in case that don't scare the crap outta ya!

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD.  "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die.  I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD.  "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship.  I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear.  For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars.  They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too.  So now I will destroy them!  And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do.  They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings."   (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

Crazy psychotic little god! lol

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

ah,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)