jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is the significance of 3 a.m. in folklore, legend & the human consciousness

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is the significance of 3 a.m. in folklore, legend & the human consciousness?

2. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

GM, I don't know about folklore and legend, but I know that I get some of my best work done between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. I frequently feel the most inspired during those hours.

When I was courting my wife via the internet (she was in the Philippines and I was in Arizona), more than once I woke up at about 3 a.m. with the startling and strong feeling that I needed to get online to talk to my darling Juvy. When booted up and the connection made, Juvy had just logged on in a nearby internet cafe looking for me. Coincidence (meaning accidental coincidence), or cause-and-effect coincidence? I like to think it was the latter -- an inspired, spiritual connection. Proving such doesn't matter to me. It just feels good and right.

I've also had some of my best ideas, waking up at 3 a.m. or close to it, having gone to bed the night before with the question on my mind. The solution arrived and I woke up.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The esteemed Dr. Wayne Dyer stated the same thing.  According to him, 3 a.m., is when it is most peaceful & God talks to us.

3. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

Be still and hear God. "The stillness of the night" thus one could argue the most significantly still!-hour is around 3 and 4 A. M.

4. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 3 years ago

I have also heard that the hours between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. are the most spiritual and peaceful. I find myself awake many times between these hours.

5. Terrex profile image81
    Terrexposted 2 years ago

One reason is probably because that is when most people are deeply asleep.
    Those so inclined would probably associate that time with an individual's connection to the subconscious, the dream world, or nefarious forces.
    In some parts of the world, 4 am is when day is supposed to start. In that respect, the 'It's darkest before the dawn' approach would indicate that 3 am would be the final, and the darkest, hour of the night.