jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What would you do if you woke up an found yourself dead

1. Keith Brack profile image61
    Keith Brackposted 3 years ago

What would you do if you woke up an found yourself dead

This is what a nun asked me when I was eight. I still don't know the answer now.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

But...but... if you were dead, you wouldn't wake up, would you??
    Damn, I think I hurt my brain.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

If I'm dead, and I wake up, I'm a zombie, so I assume I'd go looking for someone to eat.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nom nom nom BRAINS nom nom nom!!

4. profile image55
    Ian Mooneposted 3 years ago

Well if I woke up & found myself dead, I reckon I'd go back to sleep unless of course I had work that day..However, if I was dead, but woke up & found myself alive!?..I would know that I've just ascended onto the real Planet Earth, just like Jesus, Bruce Lee, Elvis, Old Mother Shipton, JFK, Martin Luther King, Bob Marley, John Lennon, Einstein etc etc etc..flippin heck I nearly  forgot to mention the Buddha!lol + many others throughout history..Death only comes for the evil people, & the good people that die (when it's their time/turn) are then born for real..They continue onwards creating history/time as they go, & as far as I've worked out that's all almost the truth..(I'm not there yet). :-)

5. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

What most people don't understand is that spirit can wake up even if the body is dead. Too many people think they are their bodies.

If I were to wake up and discover that my body were dead, I would rejoice that I still had continuity of consciousness, as this is the goal of everlasting life.

Such continuity of consciousness may not be maintainable, though, if you become self-conscious. I was able to achieve consciousness and ability to see without my body only by focusing on helping others without any concern for my self. I lost that ability just as quickly by thinking about the light passing right through me and that the spiritual "me" was not casting a shadow.

Ultimately, we need to get used to loving others as if they were ourselves and placing no attention on self. God will take care of self. Our job is to love others unconditionally and to take responsibility for all their actions to the point of assisting in the achievement of their desires -- even the desires of our enemies.

Without self-concern, we have no limitations. Zero limitations. This is the entrance to Faith, Truth, True Love and Miracles.