jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

If God created us, then who created God?

1. LoNo profile image70
    LoNoposted 3 years ago

If God created us, then who created God?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12249943_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

No one created God.  He always existed.  He is the alpha and omega.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

This is a great question. Those who believe seem so concerned about how we are created, yet there is no answer to how that god got here. Personally if I believed in god I would answer with, god evolved from something else. No idea what, but better than believing it just magically appeared as god.

4. Zelkiiro profile image96
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Atum created him. After emerging from the primordial waters upon creating himself, of course.

5. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12250837_f260.jpg

Indeed it is a great or most wonderful question to ponder not unlike Plato. I believe God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God would be considered eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.8 billion years ago...

1. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why do you think animals are temporal?  Won't I be reunited with my cat in heaven?

2. Zelkiiro profile image96
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's just silly, Stargrrl. Everyone knows the Brazilian Wandering Spider, Box Jellyfish, and the Guinea Worm were all created to be a "help-meet" for mankind. After all, that's what Genesis tells us.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

great question, my son asked me this question yesterday night. I said God created himself, he said nonsense. Humans create humans so it must be God's mommy created Him. LOL!

7. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It's the reverse; we created god, and are still learning about our creation. But, you ask a scientific question about a non-scientific subject. When looking at data, science never stops asking questions. Even when coming up with a satisfying answer to one question, there are plenty more that spring up from that answer. So it makes sense for a scientist to ask who created god.

From a religious perspective, however, saying god has always been there is a satisfactory conclusion. Holy books rarely, if ever, encourage followers to seek further answers. They teach them to be complacent with one answer, and shut out all others. I'm not saying that as an insult to the followers of religion, who are mostly rational people. Rather, it's the reason that your question can't be answered by those who claim god's existence.

8. LoNo profile image70
    LoNoposted 3 years ago

well I was just thinking, that if God created us in his image, wouldn't it be because he was created in the image of another and decided to follow that example and thus teaches us to follow him and his example?

working