jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Why Christians love PEACE so much?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago

Why Christians love PEACE so much?

Love and peace, these two qualities I find so high among the followers of Christianity.  The church ambiance is full of peace and solitude.  Their songs are so touching and melodious irrespective of the language and land. Why it so? Can anyone give me some convincing answers please.

2. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 2 years ago

People in general want peace. There's a handful of people that don't want peace, but the majority of humans do.

3. Nicole Grizzle profile image90
    Nicole Grizzleposted 2 years ago

I think wanting peace transcends religion. We all want peace, happiness, security, etc. it isn't exclusive to Christianity.

4. Phil Perez profile image79
    Phil Perezposted 2 years ago

Our main goal is peace, love and happiness. For everyone. Even those who are known to be criminals, thugs and cheaters want peace. It's just not as apparent. They're finding their own ways to achieve peace.

For example, people in the war. At face value, it does not look like they want peace. They want to kill one another to win. But, in reality, they're doing it so they can have what they believe is "peace." Even though I don't agree with that method...

Christians (just to satisfy your answer) have a more direct approach of peace. It's a blatant method that does not involve violence or anger. Not everyone is the same, everyone is ONLY human but peace is what Christians strive for ideally. Everyone wants a world without problems. The only way to achieve that is through knowledge and wisdom. That's why there are non-believers who focus on putting themselves in the mindset that learning will make them happier while religious people rely on faith to make them happier...for some reason.

sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I am a Hindu.  But I do love and respect Christianity for its tolerance and peace. I must say tolerance is best experienced in Hinduism.  My own state Kerala has a large concentration of Muslims and Christians thanks to the Hindu tolerance.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Not only christian, i believe all religion want peace on earth, nobody wants to see other country in pain, death, suffering

sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sure, all religiou want peace. Yet we find a lot of terrorist activities in Islam.  I always find utmost prevailing in three religions, they are Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism.

6. Dr Pran Rangan profile image87
    Dr Pran Ranganposted 2 years ago

Love and peace are innate traits of human beings. When we practice these traits,we are in soul consciousness. On the other hand, when not in love and peace, we are in body consciousness. Jesus Christ was an embodiment of love and peace; He even forgave those, who crucified Him. We cannot forgive any one unless we harbor the traits of love and peace. As a matter of fact, all religions or religious faiths promote love and peace. The world will be a veritable hell without the presence of people believing in and practicing love and peace.