jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you could give a piece of advice to your past self, what would it be?

1. Jan Lova profile image59
    Jan Lovaposted 2 years ago

If you could give a piece of advice to your past self, what would it be?

2. ginjill ashberry profile image77
    ginjill ashberryposted 2 years ago

No procrastination. Put off ego. Grow spiritually. Pay attention to that burning passion. Say 'NO'. Do not seek to belong..do not question the past anymore. You belong where you are heading. The future is in your hands. Do not let emotions control you, instead renew your mind. Guards your thoughts and train it well.

3. Motherbynature profile image75
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

Don't marry him!
    Become a physician's assistant.
    You're not responsible for fixing people.
    Let your mom work out her problems with your sisters by herself.
    Say no. Unapologetically.

4. monic-alang profile image78
    monic-alangposted 2 years ago

I'll only advice to not be so childish and immature,
    Don’t waste your time and plan about your future and career;
    You’re doing very well just keep calm for good things; you’ll get everything on the right time from a right way.

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 2 years ago

Be a better sneak and a better liar.   Don't think that if you always aim to do the right thing it will pay off.  In fact, you dummy, trying to always do the right thing will be the very thing that creates the biggest problems.  I'm not saying I'd tell myself to go around and wildly disregard laws and rules.  I'm also not saying that I'd let my kids know when I disregarded some "right thing" , because I'd still want to be a good role model.  I just know that being a better liar and bigger sneak can really pay off, and going around defending people for one reason or another either leads to some people thinking you're stupid or too weak or too nice.

I've always seeing not aiming to do the right and honest and "defending" thing as being weak and cowardly and selfish.  Not every0one sees it that way.

I might also tell myself not to go around trying to make other people not-feel-bad about themselves.  The very same people that we sometimes worry about not feeling bad about themselves can sometimes feel so good about themselves they're the first to jump at the chance to make someone else feel bad (or wish they could).

It occurs to me that I might like to tell myself not to respect and care about people enough that I'd keep some of their misdeeds/bad attitudes to myself (sometimes because I may see it no one else's business or sometimes because I think yap0ping about people to other people is a lousy thing to do).  That one, though, I suppose I'd see as "miastakes I've made but wouldn't do any other way".  (There's something to be said for people knowing they can trust you, so I'd still do things the same way when it comes to this one.)

Also, I'd tell myself that if I got a "whiff" of someone's "having some issue" with something I did or was, do a better job of keeping distance.

working