jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Is The Most Inspiring Verse In The Bible?

1. PhoenixV profile image70
    PhoenixVposted 2 years ago

What Is The Most Inspiring Verse In The Bible?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Who could ask for anything more?

3. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

King James Version
    Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
    How wonderful that love could be so deep to give your own life up for someone you love, and even when they do not love you.

4. Peter Wathituni profile image77
    Peter Wathituniposted 2 years ago

Acts 13:38-39 "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man [Jesus] is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified [declared righteous] from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." NOTE - I love this. From now on you need to train yourself to translate the word "justified" as "declared righteous." That is the literal Greek translation. This will really help you when you read the book of Romans. You can remember it with this phonetic, literal breakdown: just-if-i'd never sinned! That's the true meaning of biblical righteousness - to be in right standing with God.

5. Rich kelley profile image59
    Rich kelleyposted 2 years ago

1Peter 1:15  but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

6. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 2 years ago

My personal favorite is Matthew 6:25-34

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

7. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Like Joshua, I choose Matthew 6:25-34. It is my favorite go-to scripture for dealing with worry and anxiety. I refer so many people to this verse. Blessings.