jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What if a spiritual HELL truly exists? The purpose of this question is to make

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What if a spiritual HELL truly exists?  The purpose of this question is to make one really think.

2. Kiss andTales profile image82
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

Matthew 7:13 says: “Spacious is the road leading off into destruction.” Some translators, perhaps affected by doctrinal bias, have used the term “hell” rather than what the Greek term really means, namely, “destruction.”
    So the destruction would be the word if you were Greek in Jesus time , the word hell did not exist.

1. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why didn't you expound on your belief?  I've asked you several times to provide Scripture re: your belief re: hell, but you have not done as I Pet 3:15 asked us to do "...always answer!"  {paraphrasing}

3. Missy Smith profile image87
    Missy Smithposted 2 years ago

Are most of us not living in the spiritual hell now? Just saying...from what I gather from what spiritual hell is; it's a disconnection with god. Well, in that case aren't we living in hell, so many are disconnected with God here on Earth.

You know what I find intriguing? The fact that the ones who are blind to it, are the ones who seem to have everything and then eventually block out everything and everybody that doesn't live the same type of life as themselves. Yet, the ones who are living here in this spiritual hell, that struggle everyday to make sense of cruelty and indifference, stay connected with God daily by praying and by trying to understand differences. It's hard and feels unfair, but when you think about it, I would rather be one of these people than the closed-minded selfish type. They seem to get lost here, not on purpose sometimes, just for the sheer deception of this spiritual hell we live.

It's an interesting question, and I don't know if my answer is the type of answer you seek, but it's how I see things. smile

1. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I certainly am in agreement "disconnection from GOD is HELL" yet after leaving this one, there is yet another!  Why would one want to suffer both?  If IN CHRIST, life is much easier:  less suffering for He "has your back!"