jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can people still commit the unforgivable sin?

1. CosetteClareese profile image60
    CosetteClareeseposted 2 years ago

Can people still commit the unforgivable sin?

In Matthew 12:31 it says that sins and blasphemy will be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be. I would like to know if this possible to commit now or if it was only possible to commit the unpardonable sin when christ was on earth?

2. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

My Sweet, I do not know of any such thing as an unforgivable or unpardonable sin. In the West we have seven cardinal vices, and in the East they speak of five: Ego, Lust, Anger, Attachment and Greed. Many other obstacles or impediments are borne out of these five.

But you know they are simply obstacles or impediments standing in the way of Light. God loves you, and you are His unique dream. You are a very special child of His. Know this, and believe in you, not friends and not even family. Have Faith, pray, practice Silence and solitude. Meditate. Read for inspiration and sing devotional songs. Serve mankind. Service will expand the Heart and feed your Spirit.

Follow your own inner Pilot, act according to your own inner Lantern, (your own capacity) and all will be well, Much Love.

CosetteClareeseposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the clarification.

3. profile image61
    firework23posted 2 years ago

The unforgiveable sin is not accepting Christ thus rejecting the Holy Spirit. The pharisees rejected the Holy Spirit by telling Jesus that His work was through the devil. They refused to acknowledge the Holy Spirit. By refusing Christ the Holy Spirit is also refused. It is unforgiveable because without Christ and the indwelling Holy Spirit one is not saved. Choosing this sets you up for no support from God after death. I hope this helps.

CosetteClareeseposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes that does help. A lot of people do that. In conclusion it is possible to commit this sin.

working