jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Can we move all these religious questions to a site of their own?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 21 months ago

Can we move all these religious questions to a site of their own?

Can we move all these religious questions to a site of their own?   Most of us are here to pursue the skill of writing, not to argue.  That's what HubPages used to be about, and I for one would like to see it be that again.

2. Oztinato profile image77
    Oztinatoposted 21 months ago

I think all derogatory hubs about religion should be moved. The only problem is a clique of atheists obsessively  using the heading of religion to promote hatred and ridicule. That is the entire problem that needs to be moved.

1. Twilight Lawns profile image83
      Twilight Lawnsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Oztinato, I feel you have made a mistake here. Atheists (and I'm not of that worthy bunch) are not the problem - any more than the God Squad who constantly trot out their opinions of obscure scriptures & ancient books & philosophies.

2. Sam Shepards profile image93
      Sam Shepardsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

So you want to be sheltered from outside views and remarks?

3. Angele Parris profile image79
    Angele Parrisposted 21 months ago

I think you should pursue the skill of writing.

However, this is the problem with the answers to the religious questions. The answers to the questions "is" merely an attempt to improve the skill of writing, so authors take bits and pieces of their own interpretation to answer the religious questions by putting their thoughts together intellectually and philosophically.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 21 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12994504_f260.jpg

Questions have a subject, not a site.  There are ALL kinds of questions in the question/answer section.  To put questions on a specific site would be too cumbersome as questions already have their own particular section.

5. Link10103 profile image76
    Link10103posted 21 months ago

...what exactly is stopping you from pursuing writing?

1. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Too busy reading questions & comments under Religion and Philosophy Section!
      BUT one should IF seeking Salvation!

6. Twilight Lawns profile image83
    Twilight Lawnsposted 21 months ago

I say “Amen” to all that – or in my case, the word would be “Amin”. Think about it!
    I get so ticked off when I read some Creationists’ babble concerning Jesus being their saviour and the wicked scientists planting fake bones and stuff to hoodwink us into believing that that wicked Charles Darwin and all his cronies might be right.
    OK. So someone may be happy to believe that the world was made in six days and that civilization goes back about eight thousand years and that the Little Baby Jesus saved someone’s granny from terminal cancer, bubonic plague and a bad case of double incontinence. Fine! If that is their belief, and if they should believe that all Muslims and Roman Catholics and Jews and homosexuals Democrats are bound for everlasting hellfire, I will stand up for their rights to say so... but not on HubPages, when all this site seemed to stand for once, was a platform on which to display writing capabilities, whether in Prose, Poetry, Fiction, Rational Debate or otherwise.
    Yes. Get rid of the God Squad¸ if you like, and send them to some dark little corner where they can moan and fulminate to their hearts’ content in their little close minds, with all that groaning and gnashing of teeth which they do so well. Or grab those others, the ones who are even worse, to my mind; those with the smiling faces and bright eyes, only just managing to hide their little intolerances.
    But if you want to send anyone into outer darkness or everlasting hellfire, why not bundle up those who won’t, or can’t, spell or punctuate properly. Drag them into the light and explain to them that their, they’re and there, for example, actually do have differing functions and must not be used randomly when and where (or wear, some may say) they feel a need to use one.

7. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 21 months ago

Why? All you need to do is navigate away from the religious questions category. Simple.
    All you have to do is click into a different category. Done.
    I have been on this site for quite a while and  the questions/religion & philosophy category and have been here longer than you, so I'm not sure why you stated, "That's what HubPages used to be about, and I for one would like to see it be that again."
    The pursuit of skillful writing will entail such things as debate, and even "arguing" that can improve your communication skills, whether it is in the religious category, or not.

The skill of writing is communicating in words. We should all have the freedom to communicate them even when there are some who would like to censor them.

8. Stella Kaye profile image89
    Stella Kayeposted 21 months ago

You have a valid point but a person's religion impacts on every other area of their lives and they bring up religion all the time even when the topic in hand doesn't call for it., so much so that it's not easy for a religious individual to come up with an opinion that is a product entirely of their own mind. If their particular religion has indoctrinated them to the point that they no longer wish to have an individual viewpoint on anything then yes it can be frustrating to free thinkers who do not impose such restrictions on themselves.

9. btrbell profile image92
    btrbellposted 21 months ago

I think that people mainly use this for attention grabbing. Originally, it was meant to be thought provoking but I believe peopke have turned it into a platform to incite or "soapbox" both politically and religiously.
    Thank you for bringin this up!

Closed to reply

working