jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Interpret Satan and Christ using Buddhist views...they are equally powerful gods

1. profile image61
    peter565posted 22 months ago

Interpret Satan and Christ using Buddhist views...they are equally powerful gods, what ur thought?

Buddhist believe souls with enough good karma become a god, till it is use up then return to earth. Thus most gods are good, but not all (its like most people that can get into university are good, but not all.) Bible is written subjectively, claiming Christ=good/only god, all else=evil/demon. Making Christ seem like a power hunger god try gaining it through his teaching/fear. In bible's apocalypse it only say world can only survive by following Christ. Satan stood against Christ's rule/people listen to Satan's teaching of thinking for our self/not following Christ blindly, lead to world doom

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13049824_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 22 months ago

This question is a good one to stir it up and provoke thought. I believe in Christ. But I refuse to shut down my intellect and follow blindly. Why else would I have it? I think we can succumb to mind numbing beliefs. Or we can get involved with contemplation and cognitive thought.
    I cannot speak to the rest of the world but there is a constant battle in my own mind between good and evil. The idea of lying to save another's life comes to mind.
    I think it is a good idea for any serious Christian to study other faiths. It brings a better understanding.

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 22 months agoin reply to this

This Buddhist and Christian idea, give me image of 2 superheroes gaining power via Satan protecting world from a group of angel wanting  to bring back Inquisition, Lucifer as their mentor, (In bible Lucifer is a rebelling Christ angel, but not Satan)

2. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 22 months agoin reply to this

What an interesting perspective. I certainly can understand why you have thus concluded.

3. profile image61

I also would like to see a scene where the super heroes got in trouble facing archangel Michael, which they are no match against and Lucifer appear and saved them from Michael pulling them away. Also, I am think Satan's as Christ's sister.

4. celafoe profile image58
      celafoeposted 22 months agoin reply to this

WHAT UN-GODLY DRIVEL.

3. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 22 months ago

they ARE NOT EQUAL IN ANY WAY.   JESUS IS THE ONLY TRUE WAY TO THE TRUE GOD WHO MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH.

4. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 22 months ago

Hi peter565! How's it going?

I actually wrote on a related topic. If you care to give it a read, it may provide a nice way to, at least, set up the problem.

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … uman-Souls

1. profile image61

Thanks smile

working