jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you choose happiness or leave it to chance?

1. Longmire profile image77
    Longmireposted 20 months ago

Do you choose happiness or leave it to chance?

2. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

Happiness is a choice. If you focus on what others have that you don't, you won't be able to be happy with what you have.

3. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

I agree with Tamara in that you will find more peace and contentment if you keep your eyes on what you have rather than comparing what you have or don't have in relation to another. I understand this is much easier to say than to do. But practice can get you there.
    Some people can affect their lives more than others. If you can help your life your happiness along then definetely give it a big helping hand.
    But for me and maybe for you? Just keep reminding yourself to reach out and take calculated risks with the proviso that you may fall. But don't allow the falling to freeze you permanently. Be patient and tolerant of yourself just as your parent would have been with you when you took your first step in life. Remember life is just a continous repeat of that "fall down and get up action". With tolerance? I could increase my happiness state as I knew there would be a next time to try again.

4. WordCrafter09 profile image79
    WordCrafter09posted 20 months ago

I think there are different levels of happiness, with the deepest one being a matter of valuing the right things in life.  Then there's "mid-layer", which is often (maybe always) a matter of not having much choice in some things/circumstances in one's "general life" (which can be day-to-day stuff or broader, "general life", stuff).

Then there's "top layer" (most "superficial layer"), which I think involves some of the small joys in life that can add up (and maybe "seep down" into the mid-layer, at least to some degree; although not always); and amount at least a little more positive/emotionally nourishing elements in the "mid-layer".  Some of those "small joys" are things that can be bought with money (not necessarily a lot of money, as long as what one gets out of the purchase is not a one-time/one-use/dead-end type of thing).  Some are things that must fall into "best-things-in-life-are-free" category.