jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is ONE word which describes God?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

What is ONE word which describes God?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12489265_f260.jpg

2. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image80
    Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 18 months ago

Love (I John 4:8).

Of course, there are many, many words that describe God, but for the purposes of answering this question I selected only one.

1. grand old lady profile image85
      grand old ladyposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I agree, Love.

2. profile image57
      Norine Williamsposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Better know what GOD'S LOVE is! 
      Ask the moneychangers in the Temple about the "LOVE" of GOD!

3. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 18 months ago

You ought to know!  It's your name!  "GRACE!" 

Paul (Jesus' chosen vessel; Acts 9:15) had a problem "in the flesh" and he said he went to GOD three times about it but look what GOD SAID:

II Corinthians 6-9 "For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of revelations, there was give to me "a thorn in the flesh," the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.  For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  And he said unto me, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE; FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS.  Most gladly there will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me!"

LOOK @ JESUS!

Who says we have to be perfect?  GOD "looks at the heart" (I Samuel 16:7) and don't let RELIGION or anyone else fool you - HIS 'GRACE' IS SUFFICIENT FOR US"

IF we serve HIM with a "pure heart!"  Matthew 5:18 says "Blessed are the PURE IN HEART for they shall see GOD!"

Hallelujah!

4. PlanksandNails profile image83
    PlanksandNailsposted 18 months ago

The one word that describes God is Holy.

working