jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

What sound do you love?

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

What sound do you love?

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 18 months ago

I like the sound of rain falling. I think it's peaceful and soothing

3. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 18 months ago

My children talking to me. The birds that sing just before light in the morning.

4. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

Yes that is a beautiful sound when its light and gentle.
    I enjoy it when the birds start their early morning calls. It says keep having faith as the birds like our animals out in nature have to wake up each day believing that somehow the Universe is going to provide for them again today. Just like how the sun rises every day. I've gone off on a tangent....forgive me.

5. manatita44 profile image85
    manatita44posted 18 months ago

Devotional music. Very calming for my Soul.

6. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 18 months ago

These days, having lived in cities all my life, as the song goes, I love "The Sound of Silence."

7. profile image57
    Setank Setunkposted 18 months ago

The sound that crisp $100.00 dollar bills make when you count them out in your hand.

8. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 18 months ago

It used to be the sound my dog's ears made when he shook his head, but he's gone now. I think now, it's the trilling yawn my chiweenie makes first thing in the morning. She sounds a little bit like a Tribble.

threekeysposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I know what you mean about when your dog shakes his head and those gorgeous ears flip flop backwards and forwards. I wish I could write the sound they make....

9. WiccanSage profile image94
    WiccanSageposted 18 months ago

My husband's voice whispering in my ear to wake me up; or to tell me good night; or to sit and joke with me as we have our movie & dinner 'date night' on his night off. Or just-- his voice (strong, loving, reassuring, comforting to me).

My kids giggling and laughing, or having lively conversations. Telling me they love me. I especially love when I overhear one telling the other 'I love you.'

So many other things:
    The drip of the coffee in the morning-- along with the smell (anticipation).
    The wind through the leaves.
    The birds singing outside, or crickets chirping.
    Rain falling on the window.
    Babbling brooks.
    Beautiful music/a good song.
    Someone reading/telling me a story.
    Chanting beautiful chants on a religious holiday.
    Sizzling stir-frying veggies when I'm hungry for dinner.
    Bells-- sleigh bells, church bells, etc.

threekeysposted 18 months agoin reply to this

yes very beautiful sounds WiccanSage....

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 18 months agoin reply to this

I understand about your husband's voice. I saved the last message mine left for me. Then I bought a little picture frame with recorder on it and transferred the message. I keep it next to my bed and play it when I want to remember.