jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

If you could go back to part of Jesus' life, which part would you like to go bac

1. bluesradio profile image78
    bluesradioposted 16 months ago

If you could go back to part of Jesus' life, which part would you like to go back and in what role?

2. profile image55
    Norine Williamsposted 16 months ago

Either Mary or Paul!  BUT since I'm a woman, I'll say "Mary!"

Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, "Hail, thou that are HIGHLY FAVORED, THE LORD IS WITH THEE: BLESSED ART THOU AMONG WOMEN." (v30) "...Fear not Mary: FOR THOU HAST FOUND FAVOR WITH GOD!"

What a BLESSING!  If carrying the Holy Spirit inside your womb is anything like it is carrying it inside of you TODAY - "WOW!"  There was NOTHING that could "touch" or "harm" Mary; there was NOTHING she EVER had to worry about; there was NOTHING she feared; there was NOTHING she desired as it is with us TODAY!  ALL she had to do was "BELIEVE!" 

(V38) "And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; BE IT UNTO ME ACCORDING TO THY WORD..."

Look at Mary!  ALL she did was "humbled herself" under the MIGHTY POWER of GOD; "BELIEVED" and allowed the HOLY SPIRIT to "WORK" as we should TODAY! 

Scripture, after Scripture, after Scripture tells us to do the SAME THING "TODAY!"  As "ignorant" as it must have sounded to Mary because she said in Verse 34 "...How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?" she "humbled herself" and "BELIEVED" and look how she is "remembered;" a "BLESSED WOMAN WHO FOUND FAVOUR IN THE SIGHT OF GOD!"

The same HOLY SPIRIT is available to ALL - TODAY!  WOW!  Imagine the feeling to "carry GOD inside!"  Just "Imagine!" NOTHING is like it!

Don't think IT'S impossible!  (V37) "For with GOD "NOTHING" shall be impossible!"

HALLELUJAH!
    PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!

Blessings

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 16 months ago

I really loved the Sermon on The Mount, and of course being a Disciple, I would be so much closer! This will enhance my ability to serve Mankind.

I have to say, though, that we see that life evolves. I do not know that it is useful to go back. God has so many plans to unveil and who knows, even the Christ said that we will do greater works. Much Love.

1. profile image55
      Norine Williamsposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Don't EVER forget, "JESUS CHRIST the SAME [then] yesterday, [now] today, and forever" (Heb 3:19)!  Why then do you think you can't be a "disciple" TODAY?  You can be just as "close" as they were - TODAY! 
      You can "do greater works," IF u "BELIEVE!"

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Noreen, by Golly!! You finally made sense. You are so right! How meaningful!

3. profile image55

I "make sense" ALL of the time because I give HIS WORD & the WORD "IS" GOD; therefore GOD  "MAKES SENSE;" it's just that HIS WORD is "AGAINST" your belief so you have to justify your belief by saying "doesn't make sense" as MOST!
      I Pray

4. Rachel L Alba profile image96
    Rachel L Albaposted 16 months ago

I would like to be Mary, Martha's sister.  What an honor for them to have Christ come to their house and to serve Him.  He actually felt comfortable there, they were His friends.  I would love to able to sit at His feet and listen to Him.  I know in spirit I can do that, but I would love to be able to do that in the flesh.

1. profile image55

I love it!

Amen

working