jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Will Hillary Clinton and her team try to usurp the Pope?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 18 months ago

Will Hillary Clinton and her team try to usurp the Pope?

2. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 18 months ago

Did you know that when John F. Kennedy ran for the White House in 1960, he, as an Irish Catholic, was actually asked if he would, in effect, take his marching orders from the Pope and the Vatican?

Can you believe it? An American citizen, from an all-American family --- a rich, white one at that --- ran for the office of the President of the United States of America; and was asked if his allegiance to the Pope and the Vatican would supersede his allegiance to the United States and its Constitution.

Note that this was an earlier version of the "birther" issue, when you think about it. And, given that, I should think that to the extent that the future President H. Clinton does try to "usurp" the Pope, it would be a good thing.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Yeah, you're right, the press shouldn't have the right to ask any question they want, can you believe that? I guess the government should tell them what they are allowed to ask.

2. wingedcentaur profile image83
      wingedcentaurposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I think the media do and ought to have the right to ask any stupid question they wish. Democracy isn't only for the thoughtful, is it?

working