Do you have precognition? Have you ever predicted the future?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 7 years ago

Do you have precognition?  Have you ever predicted the future?

Do you believe some people can predict the future?  Can you share a story?

2. Electro-Denizen profile image79
    Electro-Denizenposted 7 years ago

Yes definitely... Since I was a kid, I've seemed to have at times an uncomfortable clear view of patterns and their unravelling... put that way, it might seem like the brain is correctly computing the outcome of various forces and effects... but actually, it seems to go beyond that; in my case, particularly in drawings and writing.

For example, once I wrote a strange short story about a young guy who was in hospital, then his father visited him. They talked about various things, and his father mentioned to him the names of his best friends, Rob, Kevin, Des, asking him whether they had visited yet. Also, in this story there was talk of a girl from Spain that he had fallen in love with.

Fast forward a couple of years. My father was in hospital at a time in my life when I had gathered an interesting bunch of friends around me, most especially... Rob, Kevin and Des. At the time, I was also very enamoured by a woman from Spain. The detail of me being in hospital was wrong, as it was my father. But the names - actual names - were there...

I still have this piece of paper, which even now kind of surprises me. Likewise, I've done rough sketches of people I will meet. It is quite... uncomfortable stuff really.

Honestly, I think free will is an illusion. Certainly on a basic level we're not free: we're as predictable as machines in our addictions, whether emotional or mental. Tricksters and advertisers know this.

On a deeper level, it would seem to me that the illusion of free will is a necessity so that individuals create strength in their lives, by what happens to them.  That tension is required, which knowing too much would disable. We only grow by gaining strength.

On this deeper level, it's like a film script being carried out, images flicking across a screen. We go about our everyday lives and we're very convinced that it's all incredibly real. We even think that the brain creates consciousness...

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So from your experiences, are each of us fated? What is your perspective on free will and fate? Who do you think writes our story, then? Im very interested in what you have to say Electro.

Electro-Denizenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Many patterns are far too embeded to shift, at least for a long time and with extraordinary effort. Only freewill over small things, otherwise we are totally Owned!

3. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I have, and I've documented it a few times over the years, including in my autobiography.  It would take too long to go into it here other than to say briefly this:   The precognition happened in two parts.  One part was realized within about three months, the second part (which I was waiting to appear but didn't for so long I'd all but forgotten about it) occurred around twelve months later.

The fact that it did happen like this - one part first, the second part much later and anticipated, convinced me that it was not caused by the 'usual explanation on an 'over-lapse' of the mind where the subconscious picks up a picture before it is seen consciously.

My future was predicted at the time, but I did not realize it until the events actually unfolded.  It predicted a great change in my life, a change which eventuated.

1. profile image0

Tom have you written an article on it here at hubpages? Because I would love to read it. I have too. Its an uneasey feeling that I typically dismiss or choose to ignore it. But looking back in hindsight, the penny drops.

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

Yes. First, I ponder prophets. I don't necessarily connect predict the future to precognition. But, that is from my life experience. For instance one of the functions of my job was to predict the future for a business. Of course that came from statistics, researching the past, and knowing present trends & patterns. That was always fun thinking of the proverb "no prophet is accepted in his hometown" would ring true. hmmmm . . .

When I hear precognition I think of the supernatural or paranormal forces experienced. A personal story is I noticed a pattern in my life when family members were pregnant. I oddly would walk into walls when turning a corner or walking down hallways, bump into furniture, wind up walking in zig-zags, and miss my chair . . . a lot and over weeks. Some co-workers thought I was drinking or again. That was always fun when reported to my supervisor. I thought it must be absent mindedness or some odd mental thing.

Soon, during a phone call with my mom I would learn a family member was pregnant. I made a connection about the third time and with a sense of humor sharing with my mom. It brought to us a good laugh. Even though I made a conscience effort not to do them it continued, though fading until the baby was born.

All together there were nine children. It got to be when that happen I asked when I called my mom is someone pregnant and she would say "yes'. Then, she would say "Are you bumping into things".

When my brothers and sisters stopped having kids I did not experience it for many years. I noticed it again. What do you know my nephew's wife was pregnant. It happen with their second child too. I have not experienced it since and their have not been any pregnancies.

Precognition? Coincidence? God's humor? Something to be learned? I dun'no . . . (Shrugs shoulders)

1. profile image0

Maybe all that newborn oxytocin was reaching out to you via the ethers?smile
      Yours is a lovely happening. Mine, not so. Great warm story, Tim.

Electro-Denizenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is a nice story... it is strange how happenings can alter the sensitive person's makeup without them sometimes even realising

5. profile image50
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

"There is neither male nor female "IN" Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28)!  I say this because based on Scripture (Acts 2:17 "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh:  and your sons and daughters will prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your 'old men' shall dream dreams."  Well, according to Scripture, I guess I'm and "old man!" 

Before I came to HP, I had a 'dream' about TREES popping in a domino effect yet there roots remained embedded in the ground. At the time, I didn't know this was in Scripture until one day I 'accidentally' came across Daniel 4:15 "Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth..." It scared me to death!  I called my cousin who is well versed in Scripture and she reminded me "TREES" are spoken of as "men" in Scripture (Mark 8:24)!  Afterwards GOD revealed that during my ministry people would remain "rooted and grounded" in *their* belief, but "commanded me" to "Preach the WORD" (II Timothy 2:4)!

During the [this] Christmas holidays, I had a dream (I guess) that frightened me which told me "There's been a wreck!" 

I had previously gone to get my granddaughter from college but my daughter remained behind because her children had school after granddaughter and she was going to be the last one traveling home for the holidays!  After the dream, I called her and asked her to be careful for I had had a dream of an accident.  She arrived safely (Thanks be to GOD) but the next week my grandson pulled my car out of gear and it rolled into the fence of his mom's house damaging my car which is currently in the shop for repair!       

I don't know why but "I dream dreams" and HE tells me "...of things to come" (John 16:13) either in 'visions' and/or 'dreams!'  It's not as though I go to a 'crystal ball' and ask, they just come! 

It's the same with "understanding" HIS WORD!  I can't explain IT!  I guess because when I was a child and had to "search the Scriptures" for my father who was a minister when giving a 'sermon,' the Scriptures stuck with me and HE "brings things to my remembrance" (John 14:26) when someone asks a question! 

See what happens when one "WAITS" (Acts 1:4)?

GOD IS AWESOME!  HE continues to look at the end from the beginning vs our looking at the beginning and 'hope' for the end!

Blessings to ALL!

Have a Merry Christmas and "Remember;' JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! 

LOVE!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)