jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is the line between good and bad? What makes one thing good and the other b

1. Ransom Ezhim profile image82
    Ransom Ezhimposted 16 months ago

What is the line between good and bad? What makes one thing good and the other bad?

2. Oztinato profile image73
    Oztinatoposted 16 months ago

It can be summarized as one word: love. Not Hollywood love but that love sung about by the Beatles in "all you need is love". This spiritual love is  the basis for compassion and empathy and also serves as a foundation for ethics and law plus what makes one thing good. It's opposite or lack of 'love" is bad.

1. Ransom Ezhim profile image82
      Ransom Ezhimposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Okay great. But sometimes a thing is good now and same thing is bad at a later period. What can you say about that?

2. Oztinato profile image73
      Oztinatoposted 16 months agoin reply to this

If you look closely at my answer the same thing has always applied to good vs bad.
      You may be talking about fashionable changes over the years which are of lesser importance. Eg short skirts for women or moustaches for men etc.

3. sarahwil85 profile image60
    sarahwil85posted 16 months ago

I follow my heart. If I feel something is good, I treat it as good and vice-versa. It is an intuitive thing which comes from your inside. Your experience, your knowledge will help the mind to judge it. That is why little kids do not know what is good and what is bad until parents tell them to not to do something.

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

Evil is the desire to do harm to others for the desire to do harm.
    You are hurting others because it feels good to do so, whether direct pleasure through rape/forced sex or indirectly by feeling powerful when they cower after a beating.

working