jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the possibility of us not living in a simulation?

1. khizarhasen profile image70
    khizarhasenposted 14 months ago

What is the possibility of us not living in a simulation?

This question just came into mind while, reading about simulation hypothesis. And it almost convinced me that we're living in a simulation reality. So, I just want to see which side people choose. If they don't believe in simulation hypothesis, then I just want to know why not?

2. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image90
    AshutoshJoshi06posted 14 months ago

I believe that's a hypothetical argument that cannot be proved and hence doesn't make any sense or maybe it might but not unless it is proven. Seems more like an idea originating out of science-fiction obsession. I mean, what are the odds of a ultra-superior AI running a matrix of simulations (there has to be someone operating the darn thing), considering we are but a miniscule portion of the universe.

I think Bostrom has tried to pull off a Pascal's wager here!

3. profile image58
    flfmanposted 14 months ago

well we dont know yet where we come from and where we will go in the future yet again. so basically we are now living between one of the aspects of realities, that is either real , or unreal and by that i mean dreamlike reality we re living

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

That is the modern technobabble equivalent to "everything is a dream in the mind of the creator".