Have you ever met anyone in this Life who you were convinced you had known in a

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Daisy Mariposa profile image72
    Daisy Mariposaposted 11 years ago

Have you ever met anyone in this Life who you were convinced you had known in a prior Life?

Did the other person feel that they had known you in a prior Life?

2. Sunshine625 profile image87
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

No I haven't, but if others have I will surely pay better attention to the people I meet.

3. DanaTeresa profile image77
    DanaTeresaposted 11 years ago

Yes, sort of. There have beem people (far and few between) that I have met and it feels as if I have known them forever. Like we are just picking up where we left off, not meeting for the first time. Even getting to know the person is the most comfortable and natural thing. Nothing is akward. I do not consider thethought of it being that we met in another life. What it feels like is too old souls with so much in common that they blend perfectly and naturally.

4. Buzzbee profile image68
    Buzzbeeposted 11 years ago

This may sound strange, but I am convinced that I knew MYSELF in a previous life!

It was the year 1899 and I was living in London on Bond Street when I met a man walking toward me who looked just like me (at the time.)  In other words, I  was living there in a previous life and the man I met was also me, I am convinced, so therefore I met myself in a previous life, while living in a previous life!

Now that I am living in this life, I often think about those two men in London in 1899. Who were they?  They were both me I suppose...me meeting myself...and now in 2012  I am recalling me meeting myself back in London in a previous life and wondering...am I here recalling that man meeting himself, or am I that man seeing the future ME seeing HIM meeting himself back in London in 1899?

I just hope I don't go back to bed now and dream that I am someone else meeting me now, sleeping and dreaming of meeting him in the dream.  I may never again know who I am for sure--or who I think I am may never be who I really am.

Is there any way out of this identity crisis?  Perhaps.  I will ask the man in the mirror. He may know....

5. MellyMoo profile image61
    MellyMooposted 11 years ago

Yes, many! I met one girl in NZ (my home country)&we were bith trying to work out how we knew each other. Suddenly, she brought up the country we had known each other in&the work we had been doing as nuns. Our eyes connected, i git goosebumps&started to cry. My sould understood completely. It was amazing.

6. Angie Jardine profile image70
    Angie Jardineposted 11 years ago

Absolutely! As a clinical hypnotherapist I trained in past life regression and obviously undertook to be regressed myself, many times.

Out of this work came an explanation as to why I had instantly felt as if I had always ‘known’ the man who became my second husband, why I am over-protective of my son (still, despite him being 30+) and why my relationship with my daughter requires constant work.

All were valuable insights and all made me realise why we keep coming back to try and work at improving the mechanics of our joint relationships.

I’ve written about these things in depth in my hubs ...

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I don't know about that but I do know when I meet some people it as if I have known them forever and who I connect with right away.

8. Backwater Sage profile image59
    Backwater Sageposted 11 years ago

My cat Hobo. I think he used to be my stallion when I was a warrior in Carthage.

9. The Frog Prince profile image70
    The Frog Princeposted 11 years ago

Absolutely.  There is sometimes a comfort level in it and other times a bit of discomfort.  You never know why you just sense it.

The Frog

10. Jordanwalker39 profile image67
    Jordanwalker39posted 11 years ago

No I haven't.  I do wonder what it would be like though.

11. ivanmarginal profile image61
    ivanmarginalposted 11 years ago

Yes, I did, and they're identical in characteristics.

12. Trinity M profile image84
    Trinity Mposted 11 years ago

Definitely! My husband for sure and several other people, one of them is a hubber whom we all know and love.  I met him here a few months ago and feel like I’ve known him forever! smile

How about you Daisy, how do you feel about it?

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image72
      Daisy Mariposaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Trinity, I just posted my response.

13. Daisy Mariposa profile image72
    Daisy Mariposaposted 11 years ago

One of my good friends and I are certain that we knew each other in a prior Life, and that we weren't just casual acquaintances then.

14. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Yes definitely, I remember starting my first day at my last school and we were sitting in a line. At the other end of the line was a girl. She stared at me, and I stared back. We knew each other. We became great friends and when I asked how we knew each other she said she didn't know because she came from 300 miles away! And I had never been to her town or her to mine! it was so strange!

15. Beata Stasak profile image79
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

It happened to me few times that I met people of different race, age or appearance and from the first minute it felt that we had met before although it was impossible:)
    Sometimes I feel that if you open your heart and your mind to all different people they respond the same way and you find many you are very similar to your way of thinking and feeling....even share the similar life circumstance, at the end of the day we are all the same people after all...

16. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

Yes, When I meet one of my friends it was magical.  We met on 10/10 of a particular year.  She was and still is a perfect ten.  It was puzzling to me, but I knew that I was always connected to this person.  I had seen her in my dreams even before we met. 

This was not a chance meeting in my eyes, it was destiny. 

Best wishes

17. CrazedNovelist profile image84
    CrazedNovelistposted 11 years ago

Absolutely!! There are some friends I have now that just seems to have the biggest part of my heart. I don't know how, but I can't help but to love on them and speak softly to them and encourage them. It's like we've known each other a long time, like we're just meant to be awesome friends. It's a strange feeling really, but I'm truly convinced some of my friends met me in a previous life. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)