jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who is the humans biggest enemy and why ?

1. profile image59
    Piyush kaushalposted 11 months ago

Who is the humans biggest enemy and why ?

2. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 11 months ago

Our own species is our greatest enemy. We are the biggest predator on the planet.Humans that have intelligence but no heart is a huge concern for not only the human species but for all the other species on this planet.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 11 months ago

Yes I agree humans are their own worst enemy. There seems to be less compassion and heart. Too much greed, selfishness and ego. I do a lot of research, on many different issues and some topics are hard to find a balance. I wish it was easier to find a happy medium, sometimes it seems impossible to accomplish any common ground. I like to approach issues from different sides and work through it. I am affraid that god is the only one who save our planet now. It appears that supply and demand has outweighed harm to us humans for too long already, how can we go back now. We really need more kindness, love and understanding for all not just when it affects your own.

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 11 months ago

Seers have called them by different names. We say 'sin' in Christianity, but actually it is not the hell-fire and brimstone stuff; but simply a transgression of the Law; that which binds us. We call this Ignorance in Yoga Philosophy or an impediment or obstacle standing in the way of Truth.

In Yoga Philosophy, if you do not exist, then nothing else does, so as long as you exist, then logically you are the greatest problem and also the answer to solving the problem. It is seen as inherent. Not outside you, but within.

We say: "He did this to me. She did this to me." But in reality, we are ourselves the dirty mirror as well as the gold nugget. What needs removing is the fear, greed, hatred, ego, malice, attachments; desires, insecurities ... a long list.

Man is both frail and weak. Hence the necessity for spiritual practice: prayer, meditation, devotionals. All scriptures recommend this. So what is our greatest enemy? Ignorance. If we truly knew who Christ was, then we would not have killed Him. If we knew that there was Something better than grabbing and pulling , then we would not pursue them. Much Love.