jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why are Christians One third of the world population?

1. lovetherain profile image81
    lovetherainposted 10 months ago

Why are Christians One third of the world population?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 10 months ago

2.1 billion of the 7 billion people in the world today are Christians, while 1.5 billion are Islam.

Christians have many denominations, while Islam doesn't. And that is why collectively they have a large number.

The real strange thing is that Judaism has only 14 million people. That doesn't make sense. Maybe the data I looked at is wrong.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 9 months agoin reply to this

I noticed that too about Judaism. I am sure that that the Holocaust had something to do with the low numbers-millions of potential descendants wiped out

3. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 10 months ago

They are that many because they were predominantly a proselytising religion. They had many crusades like some of the others and went to many foreign lands. Otherwise, they would have been much smaller. Generally they are about 27 - 33% and not usually more and some are not practising.

In England, I believe that the Home Office has a record of over 500 Christian sects. But they are far from being the only crusaders. India has 1.5 billion people and so does China and so population does have its say. Still you will know that Christianity went to India and Africa as well.

So they are so many because of proselytising and so little because they are  not the worlds largest in terms of population and culture. Many Indians and Chinese have Buddhist, taoist, confusionist, zain and Hindu backgrounds, as well as those who practice Spirituality in its pure form known as Yoga Philosophy. (Meditation and strict adherence to Dharma (righteousness) but without the constriction of the rites, dogma's and other religious trappings.

We are generally influenced by our countries doctrines and that of those who invade our soil.